Hey All,
    Many seem to be having this problem, I did a search but it didn't provide a solution.

Whenever I try to charge my phone, a popup message says: "The charging source connected to your blackberry device cannot charge your battery ".
    I always have to reboot the phone before plugging the charger. Only then it will charge normally.
    I'm on .440, any fix for this?
    Thanks.
    10-22-11 08:24 AM
    I got that yesterday when I plugged my dad's 9780 (i think) to his mini pc but it still charged.
    To what do you plug your usb cable? a desktop, tablet pc, in the wall with the adapter?
    10-22-11 08:38 AM
    How are you trying to charge the phone? USB cable?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 09:12 AM
    Sounds like you are charging from a pc. Move the cable to another port.

10-22-11 09:18 AM
    I'm using the original Blackberry wall charger.
    After a restart the phone charges normally.
    10-22-11 09:22 AM
    I have the same issue. even restarting doesn't fix it. I have to do a physical battery pull.
    10-24-11 08:16 AM
    When you get this, what is the icon for the battery? Is it a partially filled battery with the black plug?
    10-24-11 08:43 AM
    mine did it once since i upgrade to .440.. it was the first day i upgraded...

since then it's been fine..
    10-24-11 09:05 AM
    When it does this, the battery icon would be empty with a plug on it. I have two genuine batteries and it does this on both, so I'm sure it's a software issue cos if I restart the phone, it recharges normally.

10-24-11 06:13 PM
    I got that when i charge my 9900 through USB Hub (4 ports, 1 bluetooth dongle, 1 charing iPhone, 1 charging 9900) that connected to my PC.
    10-24-11 10:23 PM
    When it does this, the battery icon would be empty with a plug on it. I have two genuine batteries and it does this on both, so I'm sure it's a software issue cos if I restart the phone, it recharges normally.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is a software issue... what I've noticed is that when this happens, the micro USB port no longer functions either! If you try to connect it to a computer, it no longer asks if you want to turn on the USB drive feature. Once in a while if you leave your device connected to the charger and turn off the radio/wi-fi, it would actually change back into a charging battery icon. With this method, so far 2 out of 3 times I have been able to get it to charge again without doing a battery pull.

I've posted this on blackberry.com's forum and if you have time or have an account there, please add to it! Dunno if it's getting enough attention to RIM about this issue!

9930: this icon shows and micro USB stops working - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    10-24-11 11:06 PM
    Just wanted to confirm that for me, this issue just happened for the first time today on my Bold 9930 while trying to use a micro-USB wall charger that I have from my Samsung Fascinate that I'm no longer using. (I only connect to USB on my computer to sync and backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software--I never charge the device that way.) Upon reading the error message, I fished out the stock charger but didn't have any luck with that one either.

I'm running the latest official BlackBerry OS for my device, which I upgraded to a few weeks ago (7.0.0.374). I can't say with any certainty that it's a software issue, but I can tell you that this never happened on prior builds.

Anyway, I was able to remedy the problem by holding down left-alt, right-caps, and delete at the same time, which restarts the device.
    10-29-11 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD