Just got a 9900!! Just wondering if I can I use the charger that came with the playbook to charge the 9900? Thanks
    02-16-12 08:53 PM
    If you have the rapid charger, I read somewhere on the forums that you can charge your 9900. Also it charges the battery faster.
    02-16-12 09:07 PM
    if it's a normal oem pb charger then yes.
    02-16-12 09:07 PM
    Thanks, yep it's the oem charger that came with the playbook. Is the playbook charger a "rapid charger" then?
    02-16-12 10:13 PM
    As odd as it might sound, the PlayBook charger that comes with it is the standard charger for the PB, but it's a rapid charger for your new Bold there is another charger that connects to the other oval connection on the PB with the 3 little pins which acts as the rapid charger for the PB. When I'm at work, I take the PB charger with me in case I need a quick boost of power for my Bold 9930. I have the rapid charger for the PB and highly recommend it.
    02-16-12 10:34 PM
    I always use the PB charger for my 9900. It is the same as the rapid charger sold for BB's as others have stated.
    02-17-12 12:16 AM
    I always use my PB charger as well. It charges SO much faster.
    02-17-12 01:35 AM
    Cool thanks, wanted to make sure I wouldn't cook it on the first charge.
    02-17-12 01:05 PM
    Not the other way around for some reason though.

The Power Button and Charging your BlackBerry PlayBook Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

You will also need to ensure you are using a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet-compatible charger, such as the charger that’s included in the box at purchase. If you own a BlackBerry smartphone, the charger that you use for it is not compatible with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet charger, however, is capable of charging both a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and a BlackBerry smartphone.
    I've asked a couple times in the blog post why they say a standard BlackBerry charger isn't compatible with the PlayBook, but they either haven't responded or didn't answer the question.

I have chargers for my phone all over the place, and don't feel that I need to carry and/or buy ones just to charge the PlayBook. Of course it charges the PlayBook slower, but I don't care as long as I don't need to carry extra chargers with me.
    02-17-12 03:35 PM
    I was actually wondering about that too. You would think it charging at a slower rate couldn't hurt anything.
    02-17-12 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD