This occurred while charging overnight in my new charging pod. With just the wire I was getting 99% and even dropped to 98% just the other day. Now with the new pod I am down to 92%.

I will see if my car charger will give me that extra 6-8%, but considering the life of this battery, there is no way I can start out with 92 to begin my day.

Anyone else get a low reading like this before?
    10-15-11 03:57 AM
    my 9860 fully charges usually to 100% without a problem. i have noticed that it will give me the "battery full noise" when it crests 96%, even though its not. i find that the last like 5% takes longer than the rest of the charge. i think this is due to how li-ion batteries charge. if your phone isnt reporting proper full charge, remove and replace onto the charger again and see if that helps. i noticed it once before where i got stuck at 98%....unplugging and replugging in topped it off.
    10-15-11 04:01 AM
    Just charged up in my car on the way to work and I am back up to 99%.

Now the real question is why is it only charging to 92 on the pod???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 04:56 AM
    I have been noticing this with mine too. I think it's an OS issue having to do with bedside mode. If I set the When Charging option to Display Clock or Do Nothing it'll charge up to 100% but using my new charging pod in Bedside Mode it never makes it past 96%. I just installed .362 to see if this helps. I'll post back in a few days with an update.
    10-15-11 05:01 AM
    Just charged up in my car on the way to work and I am back up to 99%.

Now the real question is why is it only charging to 92 on the pod???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    well, i dont know if this could be possible or not, but you never know. the ac plug may permit up to a certain mA of charging power, for instance my wall charger shows 700mA. now, maybe the dock itself only permits 500mA or less through it so the final charge up to 100% takes longer.

or maybe the cradle is somehow detecting incorrectly that the phone is fully charged. unfortunately, there is no way to recalibrate battery capacity via OS.
    10-15-11 05:02 AM
    What are you using to determine battery charge percentage? Meterberry?

When the BB battery is full, it will show the plug icon and stop charging. From there the phone seems to gradually lose voltage. Once the discharges to a point the phone will pick up charging again. Meterberry log seems to confirm the gradual discharge. Although mine has not dropped to 92% through natural discharge. I've seen as low as 96%.

I have 2 batteries, three chargers (750ma, 700ma and 500ma). All get the same results in Meterberry. I'm running .440.
    10-15-11 07:53 AM
    I have to say the OS is kinda screwy, but this is what I've gathered so far.

With my BB Tour 9630's wall charger I have been able to get the battery to hit 4.2V and 100% every time I have used it. Not sure what the ma rating on that charger is, but I believe it's supposed to be higher than the cube charger supplied with the newer devices. Using the computer to charge has always resulted in a stuck 9x% where it looks like it's still charging but never changes % or voltage. Actually I do remember once where it did hit 100%, but I tend to avoid using the computer to charge as it usually disappoints. Using the cube charger has been mixed. After using the old wall charger I can hit 100% with the cube most of the time, but in some instances it will get stuck. Haven't been able to determine how to replicate this yet, but it seems like there is some sort of pattern.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always believed that when it hits 4.2V it should also read 100%? This was pretty much the case with my older 9630... well it seems with this particular device they don't always seem to go together. Right now my voltage reads 4.2V, however the % is at 91, which tells me this thing is gonna be stuck at 91 and look to still be "charging".

EDIT: correction! Despite it hitting 4.2V at 91%, the charge kept going until I hit 100%. This is again with the old wall charger. BTW, this has been happening to me with stock Sprint OS and .362.
    Last edited by dimm0k; 10-15-11 at 12:19 PM.
    10-15-11 11:46 AM
    This happens to me occasionally on the stock OS on the Sprint 9930. A reset usually does the trick to get it charging again to full. Since OS 7 Loads in like a minute I don't think it's that much of a sacrafice.
    10-15-11 11:58 AM
    What are you using to determine battery charge percentage? Meterberry?

When the BB battery is full, it will show the plug icon and stop charging. From there the phone seems to gradually lose voltage. Once the discharges to a point the phone will pick up charging again. Meterberry log seems to confirm the gradual discharge. Although mine has not dropped to 92% through natural discharge. I've seen as low as 96%.

I have 2 batteries, three chargers (750ma, 700ma and 500ma). All get the same results in Meterberry. I'm running .440.
    Yes Meterberry and .362. I will give an update tomorrow after doing a battery pull.
    10-15-11 05:35 PM
    Seems as though I am back to normal after doing a battery pull. It now shows 99+ and 100% on Meterberry after a nights charge on the pod.

I have to start doing more hard resets as opposed to a soft alt, aA & del reset. Funny that most people think that soft resets are the same as pulling the battery out, but they are not.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    10-16-11 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD