Right now my PB is only showing like 5 contacts from my Bold 9930. I realized that my contacts on my Bold are put in different lists. (I have no idea how that happened) I currently have 3 lists (default 5, unknown 33, unknown 58) How do I change them all to default so that my PB can pick them up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 07:29 AM
    If you go into the Address Book on your phone, and hit the BB Menu button then go to Select Contact List...it should give the option to "Show ALL Contact Lists". Perhaps selecting this will let your PB pick up all your contacts?

I dont have a PB so I don't know how much help I can be.
    02-21-12 08:08 AM
    If you go into the Address Book on your phone, and hit the BB Menu button then go to Select Contact List...it should give the option to "Show ALL Contact Lists". Perhaps selecting this will let your PB pick up all your contacts?

Yea its set at show all. PB still won't pick em up. Only the 5 default ones. :l

02-21-12 08:18 AM
    Im going through my address book now and some of my contacts were added through my Gmail account and some were added manually on the phone. The ones that were added manually on the phone show up in the "default" category. The others show up under my "gmail address" category. Im wondering if the PB can only sync the contacts that were manually added to your device...not copied over or synced from an email address.

Again...without a PB, I can't be sure. Try entering a test contact in your phone directly and see if the PB picks it up. You might need to go straight to BB support for this one.
    02-21-12 08:31 AM

STOP! Please this is a busy day
    02-21-12 09:10 AM
    LOL Huh?!
    02-21-12 09:45 AM
    OK THIS IS REALLY causing a problem. NOW my outlook only syncs with th default contacts and not the ones in the unknown list. can anyone PLEASE tell me how to change the contact lists
    02-22-12 02:15 AM
    i tried this

Change the default contact list
    On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
    Click Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services.
    Change the Contact List (SYNC) field.
    Press the key > Save.

it STILL only sync 6 contacts.
    02-22-12 02:26 AM
    I KINDA found a work around. (Atleast you don't have to type anything) since it seems EVERYTHING (outlook, vlingo, google etc) only picks up contacts under default. What I figured out is send the contact as a contacts card to yourself. Then delete the contact open the message and add contact. Now its a default contact and you can sync with google, outlook and vlingo can find it. hope it helps with some.

02-24-12 11:34 AM
    I KINDA found a work around. (Atleast you don't have to type anything) since it seems EVERYTHING (outlook, vlingo, google etc) only picks up contacts under default. What I figured out is send the contact as a contacts card to yourself. Then delete the contact open the message and add contact. Now its a default contact and you can sync with google, outlook and vlingo can find it. hope it helps with some.

This didn't work for me.
    My default is gmail and I have a contact that is synced with yahoo and I wanted to change it to gmail. So what I did was send the contact card to my self and delete the contact then add the new card to contacts, but its still attached to yahoo.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 02:03 PM
    This didn't work for me.
    My default is gmail and I have a contact that is synced with yahoo and I wanted to change it to gmail. So what I did was send the contact card to my self and delete the contact then add the new card to contacts, but its still attached to yahoo.

BlackBerry Bold� 9930 using Tapatalk
    guess it only works if setting is set to default. sorry.
    02-25-12 09:00 AM
    guess it only works if setting is set to default. sorry.
    But I do have it set to default.

BlackBerry PlayBook® 2.0 using Tapatalk™
    02-26-12 06:17 PM
    This worked perfectly for me. Thanks so much.
    10-24-13 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD