12-19-11 03:55 PM
33 12
tools
    What gaming system? I expect if nothing else the latency would be too great to make the experience enjoyable.
    12-17-11 08:23 AM
    BBM Beta 6.1.0.37 won't install
    Use this link: http://rroyy.com/beta/Blackberry_Mes...ta_OS7/bbm.jad
    12-17-11 08:27 AM
    Installed on my VZW 9930 a while ago, works great! But I'd just people use AppLoader, desktop manager gave me some trouble!

Overall, it's A LOT smoother! Can't comment on battery life yet, but it did drop a bar when I was on a phone call for about 3 minutes, which was odd...I mean I don't usually make calls and I just stick to text...but weird.

My one regret is that SocialScope doesn't work on 7.1!!! But the new Twitter for BlackBerry app is working fine!
    12-17-11 08:32 AM
    i noticed BB device analyzer under advanced system settings. i also noticed something called "Plans Application" by RIM in my applications. if anyone knows what this is or where i can find it on my BB please tell.
    12-17-11 08:47 AM
    i noticed BB device analyzer under advanced system settings. i also noticed something called "Plans Application" by RIM in my applications. if anyone knows what this is or where i can find it on my BB please tell.
    I trashed the plans application.. and two other provider specific cods.. i think it was TMO and Verizon... there was another that has China Telecom & ATT...
    12-17-11 12:55 PM
    Music volume playback through the speaker has definitely increased.
    12-17-11 07:59 PM
    this update slowed my BB considerably. The unlock button became unresponsive most of the time, the timer feature would freeze, etc. Rolled back to 7.0
    12-19-11 12:25 PM
    I have Verizon and it asks me to subcribe to a plan. Which I shouldn't have to do considering I have unlimited data. There's gotta be a work around to this. First I'm gonna start by fighting with verizon lol.
    I totally agree with folks not having to pay the the extra fee to use the hotspot. You're already paying for the unlimited data right?! However, good luck fighting with Big Red...you won't get anywhere. They've been charging extra for tethering (using your smartphone attached via USB and the VZ Access Manager software) forever, back before 4G LTE was even an option. With the mobile hotspot, you can have several (up to five I think) users piggy-back on your smartphone's wifi. Verizon is not going to miss the opportunity to hit your pocketbook for that feature.

Another thing to remember...if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where there is already a strong 4G LTE signal, you might be getting download speeds as fast or faster than your home ISP. If so, the extra $20 or $30 on your cell phone bill might be worth it if you can drop your home ISP and use nothing but your smartphone's hotspot....just something to ponder. If I had 4G, I know that's what I would do. Unfortunately, I am in a rural area in Texas with a weak 3G signal and probably won't see 4G until 2013
    12-19-11 03:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD