Hi There,
    I am stuck up in a strange problem with my Bold 9900.

Heres the complete scenario:

1. My sim card in the phone. I turned off mobile radio and wifi.

2. I inserted another sim card and switched on the phone.

3. It asks me to sign in to my blackberry account, and if i dont do that, my all data will be wiped off.

4. When i enter my blackberry id and password, it doesnt accept it (mobile radio and wifi off)

There are only 10 allowed attempts to enter password, and i realised that i have used 7/10!!

Please help me with this rocket science....
    03-18-12 09:26 PM
    Why does the radio and wifi have to be off?
    03-18-12 09:39 PM
    I switched it off, as i was in flight and was using the media player..
    03-18-12 09:50 PM
    OP, I can't help you with this issue, but I can tell you this is a known error on BlackBerries. No matter how others try to spin this, this has been discussed several times here.

Try this thread, there are some useful info, but not solutions; http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-sign-659616/

Also; http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ccount-677282/ again info only no solutions has been posted there. I suggest you also search these forms for more data.
    goharsheikh likes this.
    03-18-12 10:05 PM
    I just switched my SIM card to day and prompted me for for Blackberry ID and Password while I was on the plane (no signal or wifi) and its seems ok

- Charles
    03-19-12 10:15 AM
    I just switched my SIM card to day and prompted me for for Blackberry ID and Password while I was on the plane (no signal or wifi) and its seems ok

- Charles
    It is one of those bugs in OS or may be in BIS that comes out of nowhere. Some experience the problem, others don't. May be the OS version has something to do with this as well.
    03-20-12 05:42 PM
    Try turning the radio on. See if it will accept your log-in credentials.
    03-20-12 05:53 PM
    Hi There,
    I am stuck up in a strange problem with my Bold 9900.

Heres the complete scenario:

1. My sim card in the phone. I turned off mobile radio and wifi.

2. I inserted another sim card and switched on the phone.

3. It asks me to sign in to my blackberry account, and if i dont do that, my all data will be wiped off.

4. When i enter my blackberry id and password, it doesnt accept it (mobile radio and wifi off)

There are only 10 allowed attempts to enter password, and i realised that i have used 7/10!!

Please help me with this rocket science....

Just insert the original sim back, turn on wifi, connect to a wifi network. Replace the sim, wait for a few minutes so you are connected back to the wifi network and then login with ur BB id. Worked for me.

Cheers,

Umar
    04-12-12 01:41 AM
    Yea, this is a terrible bug. I hope RIM fixes it soon. Users shouldn't have to check in with the mother ship to change SIM cards.
    04-16-12 12:36 AM
    Have u managed to sort it yet as I have exactly the same problem, i only have 1 attempt left
    10-25-12 11:22 PM
    I went onto the BlackBerry website, changed my password then it seemed to work fine. Even though I changed my password to the, erm, same password?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 10:04 AM
    Have u managed to sort it yet as I have exactly the same problem, i only have 1 attempt left
    Try it one more time, I'm sure you will get it this time.....
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-26-12 04:12 PM
    Try it one more time, I'm sure you will get it this time.....
    Too Funny!
    Although I feel the pain of these issues, a lofty moment can be a blessing in a "serious" thread.

I hope everyone gets things sorted soon..
    10-26-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD