Is there a way to change the Carrier name on the Homescreen?
    10-03-11 01:02 PM
    If you are talking about the carrier name that displays when the device boots up, no, you can't. That's in ROM and not user editable.
    10-03-11 01:04 PM
    Not when it boots up...but rather the name on top of the time on the screen. Thanks!
    10-03-11 01:06 PM
    Not when it boots up...but rather the name on top of the time on the screen. Thanks!
    That display should be whatever network you are using I believe. Not user changeable except to change networks.
    10-03-11 02:04 PM
    On verizon it is blank, only the wifi name shows up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 02:11 PM
    Sprint also just shows the WiFi name
    10-03-11 02:48 PM
    On verizon it is blank, only the wifi name shows up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sprint also just shows the WiFi name
    I always wondered why this was, but I think it's because they're CDMA devices. Since they're locked into their dedicated networks, it makes no sense for them to show what network you are on, since it's not like you can take it and activate it on an unsupported CDMA network.

I was thinking it would be cool if it could show what coverage area you are in. For example, when I look at my connections, right now it says "Verizon Wireless." This weekend, I went out of town and lost 3G coverage. I was on 1X and my network said "Extended Coverage." I think it'd be kind of cool if it would say what your coverage is... Just a thought.
    10-03-11 03:09 PM
    network alpha tags on older Nokias and Motorolas were able to be changed via hexediting. you cannot change these on Blackberrys. it is network set and there is nothing you can do about it.
    10-03-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD