I just returned a Brand New (1 day old) 9900 secondary to a minor physical defect. I got the feeling it was a refurbished phone. I got it "New" directly from T-Mobile over the phone through a customer service representative. Anyway, it's just a feeling I got since I'd expect a new phone to be perfect out of the box.

I know refurbished phones are supposed to meet all demands like a new phone, but is there a chance T-Mobile would send me a slightly imperfect "refurbished" phone trying to pass it off as new?

I have my replacement phone in the mail, scheduled to arrive this week. Is there a way to check that it's in fact a new phone and not a refurbished one being passed as new?

I feel paranoid. I want my 9900 to be perfect since I put it up in such a high pedestal lol
    Last edited by malanis5; 12-05-11 at 05:59 PM.
    12-05-11 05:51 PM
    If you didn't have a new phone to start with, it's hightly unlikely your replacement will be new.

You can check by going to Options > Device > Device Status and Information then typing BUYR and checking the data and voice usage figures.
    BBLifeSentence and malanis5 like this.
    12-05-11 05:57 PM
    You can check by going to Options > Device > Device Status and Information then typing BUYR and checking the data and voice usage figures.
    Thanks for this awesome trick!!
    12-05-11 06:01 PM
    Yup, always check the BUYR if you're unsure.
    12-05-11 06:11 PM
    I wanted to try this but when I typed in BUYR and nothing happened.

*Edit - I see it now, "Buyers Remorse".
    Last edited by Gerrardough; 12-05-11 at 06:36 PM.
    12-05-11 06:33 PM
    Very cool, is this a unique feature to BBs?

I hate how carrier's call in "Buyer's Remorse" when you return or exchange a phone. In the case of my Android: How can I have buyer's remorse if I never liked it to begin with.
    12-05-11 06:51 PM
    Very cool, is this a unique feature to BBs?

I hate how carrier's call in "Buyer's Remorse" when you return or exchange a phone. In the case of my Android: How can I have buyer's remorse if I never liked it to begin with.
    Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase.
    12-05-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD