I got my 9930. Love it by the way. I have a powerjolt universal usb charger for the car.

Amazon link to powerjolt

It charged my Storm 2 just fine, but it will not work with my new bold. What am I missing? Do I have to by a new charger just for the 9930? I like the convenience of the dual charger.

As always any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by billarch; 08-17-11 at 02:30 PM. Reason: I got made fun of for the title of the thread so I changed it.
    08-17-11 02:24 PM
    Judging by the title of your thread i was going to suggest calling triple A.
    08-17-11 02:25 PM
    You got me on that one. Funny.
    08-17-11 02:27 PM
    i'm having the same issues with my generic charger
    08-17-11 02:35 PM
    I have used several different ones today with no problems at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 03:57 PM
    I'm having the same problem :-(

intense55 likes this.
    08-17-11 04:17 PM
    And why do I keep getting the posted from my crackberry sig twice :-/

I'm having the same problem :-(

08-17-11 04:18 PM
    having the same problem, I do get a message on my 9930 saying that the charger is not providing enough power to charge the battery, I will buy one for the playbook just to make sure it works since the playbook requieres more power output than regular bb phones!
    08-17-11 04:29 PM
    Same problem here. I have both an "iluv" and "powerjolt for Ipad" charger. Neither worked with the 9930 but they all worked with my Storm and other devices. It's not an amperage issue. The powerjolt was made for the Ipad and puts out 2.1amps. It's not a cable issue either. I used both the BB original Cable and the Griffin cable.

Initially when i plugged the 9930 in, it would not go into bedside mode. Then i revved the engine and it would go into bedside mode but there was no powerbolt next to the battery and it did not charge for 20 minutes while driving.

I ended up going to Verizon wireless and buying their ripoff $29.99 charger. That worked.
    08-17-11 04:32 PM
    For those that have a USB port in their car, most charge. I use the supplied BB USB cable and charge my 9930 in my car. No more cig. lighter charging
    08-17-11 05:58 PM
    I had no problem charging my 9930 in my car or with an a/c charger until I installed .353.

I get the same message with my car charger or house charger. It thinks it is plugged in to a computer USB port.

I connected it to my computer and the computer did not recognize the 9930.

A battery pull seems to have fixed everything.
    08-25-11 03:36 PM
    Bought a new Elantra today. Had a USB port for iPod/mp3 and tried to charge my BB using the USB cord. Says it has insufficient power. Tips??
    08-26-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD