Hi guys,
    I'm wondering if anyone could perhaps offer their insight regarding a strange audio playback (volume) issue when I'm using an in-car tape deck adapter.

I realize that there are a few different "types" of system audio adjustments, for instance the volume icon that appears when your "headset" or headphones are plugged in (synced) and when you simply turn up the volume using the rocker.

Anyway, my issue seems to stem from a conflicting determination of audio output volumes. I use an in-car tape deck adapter, and sometimes when I plug in the 3.5mm jack, it will showcase the "headset" icon and the previous volume from when I last had my headphones plugged in. And when this happens, the volume is outrageously "quiet" when played through my Civic's speakers. I mean, I can crank the volume up to nearly MAX on my car's stereo, and it is very, very "low" considering I would be BLASTING a CD or the FM Radio at that particular in-car volume.

And other times, I'll plug it in, and it won't display a previous volume setting of any kind, but it will register that a "headset" is plugged in. But during these rare occasions, the volume will seem normal. Nice & loud, bass will be crisp, and everything seems to be functioning the way normal stereo output would be.

Finally, the question is... HOW CAN I FIGURE OUT A WAY TO "FORCE IT" TO DEFAULT TO THAT VOLUME SETTING EACH TIME I'M USING MY CAR'S STEREO?

I appreciate any feedback.
    Sorry for the lengthy read here, I just tried to be thorough.

Thanks-a-mill.
    09-16-11 01:55 PM
    Where is the volume when you plug in the 3.5mm when its low? Have you tried just turning up the volume on the phone?

I've also notice that the headphone jack isn't a powerful as my iphone4's. But I do like that its not as muddy sounding because the bass isn't as boomy
    09-16-11 03:17 PM
    Where is the volume when you plug in the 3.5mm when its low? Have you tried just turning up the volume on the phone?

I've also notice that the headphone jack isn't a powerful as my iphone4's. But I do like that its not as muddy sounding because the bass isn't as boomy
    The system volume or "ringer volume" (whatever) is at the maximum level, whereas the headphones volume (prior to plugging in the tape-deck adapter) is usually about 75% of the way up.

Regardless, it should play through a car's stereo much louder, considering you can amplify it once you adjust your car's stereo volume.

I even have the "audio boost" activated, and sometimes it will play LOUD, in my car. But most times, it will be quiet as heck, for reasons that I cannot explain.

I've tried playing music, then immediately plugging it in, but it just has that pop-up occur showcasing that a headset has been plugged in, and then it seems as if the volume is being "limited."

I've played a song, then stopped it, adjusted the "speaker" volume to maximum output, then plugged it in, still being played quietly in my car.

AND FOR THE RECORD; MY TAPE-DECK ADAPTER IS BRAND NEW AND FROM MONSTER.

Anymore suggestions, folks?
    Thanks.
    And again, sorry for the ranting here.
    09-17-11 01:41 AM
    Some people have noted low headset jack volume with older OS's. I use mine in the car through an aux cable (basically the same setup as you only without the tape), and on .353 I've had no issues with volume. Consistently loud. Maybe that's related?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 06:31 AM
    The system volume or "ringer volume" (whatever) is at the maximum level, whereas the headphones volume (prior to plugging in the tape-deck adapter) is usually about 75% of the way up.

Regardless, it should play through a car's stereo much louder, considering you can amplify it once you adjust your car's stereo volume.

I even have the "audio boost" activated, and sometimes it will play LOUD, in my car. But most times, it will be quiet as heck, for reasons that I cannot explain.

I've tried playing music, then immediately plugging it in, but it just has that pop-up occur showcasing that a headset has been plugged in, and then it seems as if the volume is being "limited."

I've played a song, then stopped it, adjusted the "speaker" volume to maximum output, then plugged it in, still being played quietly in my car.

AND FOR THE RECORD; MY TAPE-DECK ADAPTER IS BRAND NEW AND FROM MONSTER.

Anymore suggestions, folks?
    Thanks.
    And again, sorry for the ranting here.
    I am using the Dynex Cassette Adapter and it works fine for me.

Do you insert ur adapter to your car first and then plug in to ur phone or u plug in the device first and then insert to ur car?

Do you play ur music before insert ur car or insert ur car first then play?

Just curious which monster adapter u r using?
    09-27-11 03:20 PM
    I do have this same problem! With rdio and podtrapper. More times then not its really quiet and I have to crank my stereo to max. Headphones are fine. I'm using a aux in on my kia, not a cassette adapter but I seem to have the same issue :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 05:15 PM
    I am using the Dynex Cassette Adapter and it works fine for me.

Do you insert ur adapter to your car first and then plug in to ur phone or u plug in the device first and then insert to ur car?

Do you play ur music before insert ur car or insert ur car first then play?

Just curious which monster adapter u r using?
    I usually insert my tape into the tape-deck itself, then plug the headset jack into my handset, without the music playing or the music application being open, to my knowledge...

So, perhaps I should be certain that I have closed the MUSIC PLAYER completely and make sure that it hasn't been operating or remained open in the background.

And the Monster Adapter I have was purchased at Best Buy, for $20.

It was the ONLY one that had a "straight" cord port, to allow the use of my OtterBox Defender Series case.
    09-27-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD