Hi all,

For some reason I cannot turn off cell broadcasting in the options menu. When I un-check the box, somehow it gets checked again and I start receiving cell broadcast messages again..

Is there anyway I can permanently turn it off or perhaps delete the cell broadcasting channel (4202, I bought my phone from Verizon but use it on another network)

Thanks for any feedback.
    09-11-11 12:00 AM
    just tap the turn all off on the bottom of that screen, should work. then you can turn on wifi/bluetooth/nfc manually if you want.
    09-11-11 02:35 AM
    just tap the turn all off on the bottom of that screen, should work. then you can turn on wifi/bluetooth/nfc manually if you want.
    Thanks, but may I know which screen you are referring to? I can't find any "turn all off" option in any of the possible related screens.

Thanks
    09-11-11 02:44 AM
    go to settings, device and then advanced options cell broadcast turn it off and then do a battery pull or soft reset, this ought to solve your problem
    09-11-11 03:06 AM
    Thanks, but may I know which screen you are referring to? I can't find any "turn all off" option in any of the possible related screens.

Thanks
    Sorry. when you are on your home screen, tap the top of the screen (the time, the batttery logo, anywhere up there will do.). A "Manage Connections" screen will drop down and you will see all of your connections and whats used and not (mobile network, nfc, wifi etc). under those 4 options (or 3 options, if nfc isnt allowed by your carrier yet), is a button that says "all off". click it and wait a few seconds for it all to turn off. can take 20-30 seconds for the mobile network to turn off, but this will do it. Hope this helps
    09-11-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD