Hello all, first post and i need some help!

I use a mac, and until today, also an iphone. As such, all my iphone contacts are backed up on the mac address book, and i would like to transfer them to my shiny new 9900 bold.

However when I link the bold with my mac; using the Blackberry desktop software, my ical calendars appear, but under contacts it cant seem to find my address book.

It seems logical to me that if Blackberry support one major piece of mac software (ical) they would support another (address book). So I was hoping I have just missed a simple point, being a first time Blackberry user.

Thanks for any help!
    09-05-11 10:14 AM
    That is strange, mine synced just fine. I have had iPhone 4, and previous blackberrys. The BB Desktop did sync mine just fine though. I tried Google sync before and it didn't get all of them. Keep trying.
    09-05-11 10:55 AM
    are you sure you are syncing contacts as well? there is a sync circle next to contacts on the desktop manager for mac?

i have no issue with getting contacts off the mac to the 9930 or any other blackberry i have used. i only wish i could log into my mobile me account and sync with it that way.
    09-05-11 01:12 PM

I cannot get my BB9930 to mount on Mac Desktop, I have latest Manager and am on Snow Leopard. I now cannot get my old Curve 8330 from which I backed the phone up before to mount either.

Sprint just told me to expect, as what happened with one of the 2 BB9930 i have, to have the contacts all disappear when re-activated.

They told me if I returned the two 9930's I have, both not working properly, that I can expect when they activate the internet service that that will be wiped too.

And I cannot back up Spring contacts online

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be getting an iPhone as soon as I can figure out a way to get these contacts off my phone.

How is it the Sprint stores can take contacts from any brand of phone and move them to another we cannot do this ourselves at home WTF !!!!!!!!!!!

I love the phone but all of this trouble with backup is just way way too much.
    I spent the ENTIRE afternoon on the phone with various people at Sprint and
    am back to square one ! And RIM apparently is the real source of problem ...

My hubby's Samsung Epic 4 G backup automatically. What on earth do people with
    BB's not be able to do the same !!!!!!!!!!
    09-26-11 10:24 PM
    I don't use a Mac so I cant really comment on the specifics here but my advice would be to import your contacts into Gmail/Google and let BIS Sync/back them up for you.

Syncing to the computer is so 1999 ;-)

good luck
    09-27-11 12:22 AM
    are you sure you are syncing contacts as well? there is a sync circle next to contacts on the desktop manager for mac?

i have no issue with getting contacts off the mac to the 9930 or any other blackberry i have used. i only wish i could log into my mobile me account and sync with it that way.
    How were you able to sync? Are you able to sync certain contact categories alone as well? Say your contacts are in different categories on your mac contacts such as friends,family,lawyers,internet,government etc.. Can you just pick out a few categories to sync on the MAC?
    11-14-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD