Hi

I'm sure this has been asked before but...

When I read an email on gmail it doesn't show as read on my blackberry (Bold 9900). It's making it really hard to use the email function as I receive a lot of emails each day.

Is there a way to sync the two? I read something about imap...

If yes could someone give me a step by step solution for my phone - I'd really appreciate it?

Thanks
    Last edited by zpik; 09-19-11 at 06:42 AM.
    09-19-11 06:31 AM
    Log into your Gmail account and go into Settings. Disable POP and enable IMAP. Save.

Now log into your BIS page or use the Email Setup app on your BB. Delete your Gmail account and re-add it. Edit the account and make sure wireless sync is enabled for the functions you want.

That should do it. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 06:53 AM
    Hi - thanks so much for helping me.

I've done all that and sent a test email to myself on the PC to my gmail account. I deleted that online but it's still showing as unread on my blackberry?

I did as you said and then deleted and re-added the account. Only thing I wasn't sure about was how to enable wireless sync. On my phone under 'syncronisation options' it just has tick boxes for calendar, contacts, deleted items...

So not sure if I've wirelessly synced anything?
    09-19-11 07:18 AM
    Oops, sorry. Let me be more thorough.

On your BB, open Messages.
    Hit Menu>Options>Email Reconciliation.
    Set your options for Folder Management. Check the box for Wireless Reconcile.

I choose Delete On Prompt, and On Conflicts set to Mailbox Wins, but you can make your own choices.
    09-19-11 08:11 AM
    Thanks again! Well I'm getting there...

If I read an email on my blackberry it's showing as read in gmail.

But if I read an email in gmail (on the pc) it's still showing as unread on my blackberry.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong!!!
    09-20-11 02:38 AM
    The reconciliation is not immediate with GMail and BlackBerry. It can take a while to show up. Sometimes up to several hours. That's just how it works currently.
    09-20-11 06:02 AM
    Oh you're kidding. That's no good! Cheers anyway : )

Is that the same for any email or are there any that are more immediate in syncing?
    09-20-11 06:23 AM
    I think that Gmail is the most immediate, in my experience. Mine is really fast when everything is working properly. Roadrunner doesn't support IMAP, and I don't use any other services, so I'm not aware of better alternatives.

09-20-11 06:31 AM
    Oh okay. when you say 'when everything is working' you mean your instructions above? I'll have to see how it goes!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm settling in to my blackberry after getting rid of the hated iphone and so far i love it, just the email sync thing that's a bit of a pain!
    09-20-11 06:50 AM
    Oh okay. when you say 'when everything is working' you mean your instructions above? I'll have to see how it goes!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm settling in to my blackberry after getting rid of the hated iphone and so far i love it, just the email sync thing that's a bit of a pain!
    I mean when BIS is working, and Gmail is working, and the internet is working...
    09-20-11 04:01 PM
    i too wish if i were to read an e-mail on my PC that it shows up read on my bb.

when I had my droid x if I read an email on my pc, within seconds, my droid x would show it has been read. and to boot, if i read something on my droid x, it would show up read on my pc within 4 seconds or so.

it was pretty sweet...
    09-20-11 04:26 PM
    That's how fast mine is, most of the time.

09-20-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD