I just bought new Blackberry bold 9900
    I used switch devices to get stuff from my old one
    and updated software.
    And then it happend, somehow after update (it WAS PERFECT BEFORE) my keyboard switch layout input to qwertz. And yes i do have qwerty keyboard.
    I tried downgrade OS but apparently cant to the same that was installed when i got my phone (i dont remember numbers ...).
    My software now is 7.1 Bundle 2807
    Cant find any help so far.
    I know my english sux ;p
    Thx in advance
    08-16-18 02:56 PM
    Do you know the carrier of the new OS your phone has just been updated with? Did you do a OTA update or use the BDM?

Try Options - Typing and Language - Language to see the language setting and available languages, as well as physical keyboard language setting. You might have updated with a German carrier or German version of the OS, or the default setting is for German. If English is not available, you will have to use the BDM to install English.

Suppose that the OS version you have is German only, search for an multilingual version to install into the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-18 07:37 AM
    I install updates only by BDM. I dont even know what OTA means ;p
    Im pretty sure that was multilang but ill double check.
    I tried all "typing and langauge" inputs etc. - no more options left via OS.
    08-18-18 04:21 AM
    I install updates only by BDM. I dont even know what OTA means ;p
    Im pretty sure that was multilang but ill double check.
    I tried all "typing and langauge" inputs etc. - no more options left via OS.
    Try Options - Typing and Language - Language. In the Language screen, click on Manage to see the available language/s. If there is only German and not English, that could be the cause. If it shows both German and English, go back to Language screen, click open Language Settings and go to Physical Keyboard Input and click to open the options on the right to see available option.

Can't switch BACK! qwerty and qwertz keys-img_20180827_092026.jpg

If English is installed in your phone, then English Input should be available.

BTW, your OS version might be multilang but if you hadn't chosen the desired languages, your phone would only be installed with the default language. If the OS version is for a German carrier, the default language might be German only.

If English is not installed, use BDM to load it. Open BDM and connect your 9900 to the computer and wait till BDM recognize the phone. Then choose Application on the left panel of BDM. That would bring up all available applications on the main window of BDM. Scroll down to the language section and choose the desired language to be add to the phone. Then click on Update at the bottom right corner of BDM. However this might only work if the corresponding OS version is installed in your computer as BDM would read applications which are available locally, i.e. on your computer and on your 9900. If you used BDM to update the OS from a Blackberry server, this might not work.
    08-26-18 09:32 PM
    Thx for response.
    Like i said i tried all in OS options. I installed Eng US, UK , my native - polish. I installed, reinstalled deleted german. NOthing works. And i cant stress that enough it was ok before soft upgrade.
    08-27-18 02:19 AM
    Well, I don't know what to do now.
    As the phone was in QWERTY mode, I guess it is the new OS that caused the problem. One more thing you could try is reinstalling with another OS version as some had done here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...yboard-726351/

The OS versions in this link was not the latest. I think that you could try with an (latest) OS from a non-German carrier, say O2 UK for example. When installing the OS, select English only but no other language.

Other than that, there were talks about software to 'flash' (God knows what that means) the phone OS and change keyboard input layout. I've never got near them as the risk of getting a virus is too high.
    08-28-18 03:38 AM
    I'd try reinstalling the OS and see what happens, it seems your problems started after your update.
    Use the O2 UK all lang version referred to in the link below, there are several other references in the same thread post to help installation

/blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/#post11347966
    08-28-18 03:24 PM
    Maybe you have german version of 9900 but with standard QWERTY kezboard replaced. I have that version. And there are only 3 versions of OS which have software that it is changed from QWERTZ to QWERTY.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-18 08:10 AM
    Is there any way to dl specific version of OS? I got only 5 choices with downgrade option. Checked all of them.
    09-06-18 03:13 AM
    if you know the specific version number, you can always find it on the web. Then if it takes you to a site starting with swdownload, then it is the BlackBerry site and it is safe to download from there.
    09-07-18 11:33 AM