I was somewhere in my phone once...And I saw the option to be able to be notified when a text message comes in while in bedside mode. Anyone else see this? I can't find that place again and it's driving me nuts.
    03-20-12 06:30 AM
    Try opening the clock app and then options or bedside mode if thats what your thinking of?
    03-20-12 07:35 AM
    Try opening the clock app and then options or bedside mode if thats what your thinking of?
    Thanks for the suggestion. Looked in there but can't find an option for text message notification. It's funny, because when I selected to be notified for text messaging during bedside mode...now I get notified! (I shouldn't be surprised) But I'm just saying I didn't imagine it...somewhere there is the ability to choose specifically what alerts you will get audibles on in bedside mode.
    03-20-12 09:15 AM
    I have the reverse problem - I only want phone messages to ring in bedside mode, but all of a sudden text messages now ring as well. Help! Tried everything I can think of to no avail.
    08-08-12 11:04 AM
    I have the reverse problem - I only want phone messages to ring in bedside mode, but all of a sudden text messages now ring as well. Help! Tried everything I can think of to no avail.
    Edit the sound profile labeled �Phone Calls Only�. Make sure everything is silent except for phone.
    08-08-12 11:24 AM
    Edit the sound profile labeled �Phone Calls Only�. Make sure everything is silent except for phone.
    Do I do that somewhere in "clock"? I checked profiles and do not find a way to edit "Phone calls only" on my 9930.
    08-08-12 02:22 PM
    Do I do that somewhere in "clock"? I checked profiles and do not find a way to edit "Phone calls only" on my 9930.
    I found what you suggested in profiles - everything is set for "Silent". BTW, the text messages that are coming thru in bedside mode are from a friend that I have a custom tone set for.
    08-08-12 02:47 PM
    No.. has nothing to do with clock. You only select which profile you want in clock options.

Open up the speaker that is on your homescreen, or find the speaker icon in one of your folders/panels, or type "s" from home screen. When Universal Search opens, type profiles. Select profiles and you can edit sound profile in there.
    08-08-12 02:49 PM
    BTW, the text messages that are coming thru in bedside mode are from a friend that I have a custom tone set for.
    There you go... that is why. Mine is the same way. Nothing you can do about it unless you delete the contact custom actions. I like that it works this way because the important people (family, best friend) can get my attention anytime when needed.
    Last edited by dustanh; 08-08-12 at 02:53 PM.
    08-08-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD