I just bought a brand new bold at a local sprint store for 300, unlocked it to use with a tmobile sim. I don't seem to be able to get it register on tmobile network, when I click "register now" nothing happens.
    08-31-11 08:15 PM
    my bold clearly has a clean esn because I saw the guy open the box and let me check. it was brand new with packaging when I got. Tmobile is not responding to my device is it because the sprint bold was never activated?
    08-31-11 08:18 PM
    Did u switch to GSM/UMTS? 2G/3G?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 08:35 PM
    Did u switch to GSM/UMTS? 2G/3G?

yes, 2g only because it only can run on tmobile 2g network.
    08-31-11 08:47 PM
    I think it may have to do something with ur TCP IP settings...not sure

08-31-11 08:51 PM
    No one is able to answer this question? I can't do the service books back up because I don't have my old bb anymore.
    08-31-11 09:37 PM
    Are you sure you have the correct bb data plan on your account?
    08-31-11 09:43 PM
    Are you sure you have the correct bb data plan on your account?
    yes, called tmoile to swtich from my android 5gb preferred data plan back to blackberry unlimited bis
    08-31-11 10:13 PM
    yes, called tmoile to swtich from my android 5gb preferred data plan back to blackberry unlimited bis
    Maybe wait a day for it to activate, if it doesn't work after that, then welcome to the crap that is using blackberrys on various carriers.
    08-31-11 11:36 PM
    I'm also having this same issue, the previous owner of the phone still has it activated, if i wanted to i can actually switch to CDMA and make calls on his account, what a dumbass! called BlackBerry they said the pin was clear but that the phone keeps trying to provision to sprint..
    09-01-11 05:42 AM
    when you goto your host routing table does everything say CDMA US (Sprint)?
    09-01-11 05:48 AM
    I just bought a brand new bold at a local sprint store for 300, unlocked it to use with a tmobile sim. I don't seem to be able to get it register on tmobile network, when I click "register now" nothing happens.
    Why didn't you just buy one from T-Mobile?
    09-01-11 09:09 AM
    I'm also having this same issue, the previous owner of the phone still has it activated, if i wanted to i can actually switch to CDMA and make calls on his account, what a dumbass! called BlackBerry they said the pin was clear but that the phone keeps trying to provision to sprint..
    So that's mean I have to go in that sprint store and tell the guy to deactivated it first?
    09-01-11 10:47 AM
    when you goto your host routing table does everything say CDMA US (Sprint)?
    no, it just say "none" nada. And just tried to use sprint 1ex to make phone call it said account can not be validated. So clear esn, clear pin, not activated on sprint. Is it because it's new and tmobile is not supported yet?
    Last edited by jdaclutch; 09-01-11 at 11:11 AM.
    09-01-11 10:51 AM
    Why didn't you just buy one from T-Mobile?
    Because on-contract price from tmobile is 300, outright around 600. I can just buy this one brand new for 300 and I don't mind using EDGE on this phone(EDGE is more than enought just to do twitter,fb, bbm) and casual browsing.
    09-01-11 10:53 AM
    Did you terminate the contract/BIS service with Sprint before setting this up on T-Mo?

If you havent - then then the SPRINT systems still hold ur PIN and IMEI information for BIS. They need to delete the user from their systems - that frees up the phone.

call T-MO and then register ur IMEI and PIN for the BIS service. This should help solve the problem.
    09-01-11 02:23 PM
    Did you terminate the contract/BIS service with Sprint before setting this up on T-Mo?

If you havent - then then the SPRINT systems still hold ur PIN and IMEI information for BIS. They need to delete the user from their systems - that frees up the phone.

call T-MO and then register ur IMEI and PIN for the BIS service. This should help solve the problem.
    Thanks, I picked it up for 300+7 bucks for the unlock code, sold it for 400 today. Went through all these troubles and decided to cash out, made about $90 profit.
    09-02-11 12:48 AM
    what i'm hearing is tmobile is having problems provisioning the 9850 9330
    09-02-11 12:51 AM
    Just for your information, whether the ESN number is clean doesn't matter when using your Bold on T-mobile, because the ESN number is only used for the CDMA side of the phone.

Other than that, good luck with your issue...try the method for manually loading T-mobile service books listed on this forum for the storm.
    09-02-11 01:10 AM
    Just for your information, whether the ESN number is clean doesn't matter when using your Bold on T-mobile, because the ESN number is only used for the CDMA side of the phone.

Other than that, good luck with your issue...try the method for manually loading T-mobile service books listed on this forum for the storm.
    i think the problem is simply the provisioning isnt correct from Tmobile- Because yes ESN shouldn't matter at all, that has to do with CDMA part! I loaded service books, browser works (on small edge ) but email and bbm and captial EDGE not working......yet
    09-02-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD