08-14-11 05:15 AM
    The thing is NFC will be replacing QR barcodes
    Not during the lifespan of this phone.
    08-14-11 05:24 AM
    I agree with you...at least in italy!

08-14-11 05:28 AM
    It's not really replacing them, if you watch the video you'll see it's incorporated in the barcodes.

Also I live in Northern Ireland and most shops already have NFC payments here, not necessarily for NFC phones but a lot of credit cards already use it.

NFC is the future, very near future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 05:33 AM
    I agree with you...at least in italy!
    McDonalds already use it, they had it for almost a year. You'd be surprised how many shops already use it if you look carefully.

08-14-11 05:35 AM
    McDonalds already use it, they had it for almost a year. You'd be surprised how many shops already use it if you look carefully.

Yeah! That is true...in your country! but in Italy there isn't any type of shop that use NFC system, unfortunately!!
    I hope in the next future, there will be much shop and other!
    08-14-11 05:43 AM
    Yeah! That is true...in your country! but in Italy there isn't any type of shop that use NFC system, unfortunately!!
    I hope in the next future, there will be much shop and other!
    I seriously doubt that.

Here's a quick google search:

http://www.nfcworld.com/2011/03/28/36639/milan-to-get-nfc-ticketing-system/

08-14-11 05:47 AM
    Italian fashion house launches NFC loyalty and marketing programme

08-14-11 05:47 AM
    Italian ski resorts to test open NFC system in Stolpan's first trial

08-14-11 05:49 AM
    Should i go on?

08-14-11 05:49 AM
    For everything NFC:

NFC World

08-14-11 05:50 AM
    Should i go on?

I appreciate your enthusiasm.... but you do not know Italy!
    Before anything starts it takes years ...
    These are just pilot plants! but anyway, I hope it is as you say!
    08-14-11 06:00 AM
    I appreciate your enthusiasm.... but you do not know Italy!
    Before anything starts it takes years ...
    These are just pilot plants! but anyway, I hope it is as you say!
    Well the newest article says the production costs can be reduced to just a few cents, that will certainly help things move on.

I do know Italy, and as with most countries, there's different sides to it, I don't expect nfc in the rural areas anytime soon

08-14-11 06:06 AM
    I missed so many good photo opportunities because of the AF camera, too slow or if you move slightly when it focuses the shot is ruined.

Ever tried telling kids to sit still?

ditto ! ....
    08-14-11 06:07 AM
    But... are there apps to pay with NFC in Bold9900? or only there are apps to read NFC tags?!
    08-14-11 07:47 AM
    perhaps this is the reason AT&T removed the feature off their 9900? Does NFC even use the camera to perform it's function?
    08-14-11 09:31 AM
    perhaps this is the reason AT&T removed the feature off their 9900? Does NFC even use the camera to perform it's function?
    NFC does not need the camera, there's NFC built in credit cards already.

08-14-11 09:34 AM
    NFC does not need the camera, there's NFC built in credit cards already.

It sounds like when it hit's it will be the future and eveyone will be moving to it.
    08-14-11 09:51 AM
    I don't like AF on any phone I've seen yet. I had it turned off on my 9700 anyway cause I'm usually trying to take pictures of my kids. By the time the AF does it's thing and the picture gets taken, I'd miss what I was taking a pic of in the first place. The instant pic you get without AF is more useful on a phone anyway. IMHO
    08-14-11 09:56 AM
    I don't like AF on any phone I've seen yet. I had it turned off on my 9700 anyway cause I'm usually trying to take pictures of my kids. By the time the AF does it's thing and the picture gets taken, I'd miss what I was taking a pic of in the first place. The instant pic you get without AF is more useful on a phone anyway. IMHO
    This is actually a valid point for you, you simply don't rely on your phone for business. RIM has ALWAYS advertised the Bold line as a serious "business smartphone" AND THEY STILL ARE, Therefore, when the people who have for YEARS used it as their business smartphone realize that they CAN'T any longer...

Work related subjects don't jump around - they are stationary subjects.

The camera in RIM's advertised business smartphone is unable to take a functional picture in the very areas the smartphone is being advertised in.
    08-14-11 10:12 AM
    As a contractor, I also use my phone to take pictures for projects and supplies all the time. The camera on here takes just fine pics for that. For anything that requires more detail, I have a $2000 DSLR 20 some mpxl camera. I'm not sure why you need more detail that this phone provides. The pictures are quick, easy, and clearly veiwable. And the HD video is amazing for a phone.

08-14-11 10:26 AM
    As a contractor, I also use my phone to take pictures for projects and supplies all the time. The camera on here takes just fine pics for that. For anything that requires more detail, I have a $2000 DSLR 20 some mpxl camera. I'm not sure why you need more detail that this phone provides. The pictures are quick, easy, and clearly veiwable. And the HD video is amazing for a phone.

I'm happy for you - evidently your type of work does not require document capture or documenting damage on cars or other equipment. For medium and distance subjects the 99xx is fine for a phone camera - it's still on the absolute lowest end for a smartphone camera and is not able to take a functional work related shot - at least in the ways it's advertised.

Every add I've watched or witnessed in print shows people in business suites and most everyone knows they deal in "paper".

I'm not sure why you need more detail that this phone provides.
    Here, this is why.
    ..Can you identify which picture came from the two year old Bold and which one came from the new improved Bold?
    Last edited by pythons; 08-14-11 at 10:37 AM.
    08-14-11 10:32 AM
    I'm happy for you - evidently your type of work does not require document capture or documenting damage on cars or other equipment. For medium and distance subjects the 99xx is fine for a phone camera - it's still on the absolute lowest end for a smartphone camera and is not able to take a functional work related shot - at least in the ways it's advertised.

Every add I've watched or witnessed in print shows people in business suites and most everyone knows they deal in "paper".

Here, this is why.
    ..Can you identify which picture came from the two year old Bold and which one came from the new improved Bold?
    Isn't the first picture far closer to the text then the second one? I bet it will still produce an usable picture.
    08-14-11 11:13 AM
    Isn't the first picture far closer to the text then the second one? I bet it will still produce an usable picture.
    Yeah, you are not going to convince him. I am not sure what the problem is, but anyone else in the world would just buy a camera, or a phone with a better camera, I mean, if I needed an excellent camera to take pictures of certain things so that I can save my company money, then it would be a no brainer.

The only other option I see is for Python's company to try to obtain LEED certification and truly become a paperless workplace.
    08-14-11 11:41 AM
410 ... 14151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD