1. SkyChimp's Avatar
    I just bought my Bold 9930 and took the media card from my BB Tour which had my videos, and songs on it. The videos work fine but all the music I bought through Vcast/Rhapsody is saying "this is licensed content, download again or sync to the computer" I tried to sync using Windows media player but it wont pull the music from the media card. Suggestions?
    01-16-12 10:05 AM
  2. SwitchBeach's Avatar
    Do VCast and Rhapsody allow you to play content licensed to one device on a different device?
    01-16-12 11:08 AM
  3. SkyChimp's Avatar
    Can't you??? sugguestions? I paid for the music already..... why have to repay and download agian???
    01-16-12 02:03 PM
  4. SwitchBeach's Avatar
    I have no idea. I wouldn't use those services for that very reason. Much better to just use iTunes or Amazon.

    But you should contact the Customer Support for those services. Perhaps they will transfer the license to the new device.

    Here's an excerpt from the "Terms of Use".

    The following Usage Rules (assigned by Verizon and/or Licensors) limit your use of DRM Content, even if unauthorized rules have been associated with the DRM Content by someone else: subject to all other Service terms and conditions, you may play DRM Content an unlimited number of times on an authorized PC or device; burn purchased DRM Content to compact disc (“CD”) five (5) times per song; and use a compatible USB cable to sync DRM Content stored on your PC to one (1) compatible authorized portable device, including your phone (“Authorized Device”). DRM Content that is synced to an Authorized Device cannot be further transferred to other portable devices for playback.

    V CAST Music with Rhapsody - Terms & Conditions - Verizon Wireless Support
    01-16-12 02:45 PM
  5. SkyChimp's Avatar
    well that answers that question....... Never again will I use Rhapsody and VCast
    01-16-12 08:32 PM
  6. SwitchBeach's Avatar
    You should at least send an email request to their customer support to check.

    And just a note that the license enables you to burn the songs to a CD. Presumably, you could then rip the CD to MP3. Just a thought.
    01-16-12 09:05 PM
  7. albee 1's Avatar
    You could notify them of the device switch. If they are nice they will ask for your new pin and you will be good to go. It never hurts to ask.
    01-16-12 09:27 PM