So I bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 from my sons friend, he had lost the phone and got a new one then found it again.

He says it was on o2. When I put an o2 sim card in says your current sim card requires and unlock code, would you like to unlock...I tried yes and it says Enter Network MEP Code...I have tried 7 times and only have 3 goes left....I got the codes from a site which listed all uk and international carriers and their Network MEP codes.

I have tried T mobile and Orange sim card in the phone but all I get is "Phone not allowed MM6"

Just so you know where I am upto...after HOURS searching I have got into the engineering screens but can't find anything to help me "MEP" does not show on Blackberry 9900 apparently.

As for the PRD code the original owner (a child) has peeled off the sticker. Is their a way to get to this in the engineering screens because I can't find it?

So in short I have NO PRD code and NO MEP code.How can I get the phone on? Any help much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    12-17-12 05:21 PM
    Blackberry Unlock Codes - #1 Source for FREE Unlock Codes
    use method two on this website, the picture is actually a slideshow so itll click through showing you how to manually find your MEP code in the engineering screen
    12-17-12 05:48 PM
    The message "Phone not allowed MM6" indicates that the device has been reported lost or stolen.

You cannot use it now.
    12-17-12 06:38 PM
    Thank you Berry Pink but that wont work as MEP cannot be found on the engineering screens on this version of blackberry..I have tried it already.

SwitchBeach you are correct, I have spoken to the boys mother and she says it was on Orange NOT o2 and it was indeed reported lost to get another phone. So what does that mean? Is their no way at all of getting it open again?

Thanks
    12-18-12 03:57 AM
    Only way would to be honest with the carrier who locked it. With out them unlocking it, you have not chance of getting the phone to work.
    12-18-12 04:04 AM
    No problem, thank you for your help, his mother is going to give me my money back, she didn't realise that reporting it lost blocks it when she let him sell it. lol.
    12-18-12 04:07 AM
    Not all carriers block lost or stolen phones. This one does.
    12-18-12 08:35 AM