I recently updated my Bold 9930 to 7.1.0.163. Ever since then, my emails have been truncated, I cannot "download more" and I cannot download attachments. I am on a BES and the problem does not happen when I activate my account using an older blackberry. I received a new 9930 yesterday and it is happening on the new one as well. Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?
    02-14-12 01:58 PM
    If attachments exced size allowance its normal to get the truncated due to size message. If you want you can download them by accessing your accs from the web. Regarding the more all issue have you tried to re download the email set up? Sending service bools and a few battery pulls?
    02-14-12 02:24 PM
    I had the service books resent and it didnt solve the problem. If I do a battery pull, it will connect to the server and for a few minutes it will work as normal then it stops working again. It doesnt matter what size the attachments are, nothing will download.
    02-14-12 02:29 PM
    Did you check with your BES admin? I don't know if there's a policy they can enable to limit email and attachment sizes, but possibly..??
    02-14-12 03:16 PM
    EDIT: I repost this in the OS 7.1.0.267 Findings page (http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...1/index54.html).

Hello,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I think my issue is similar and relevant...

I have a Bold 9900 and I was always able to download attachments and downloading "More" if the e-mail message was too large; all using a BIS. All this was possible before my upgrade to OS 7.1.0.267 (I forget which OS I had before the upgrade but it is whatever stock OS was there with the BB 9900).

Now that I upgraded to OS 7.1.0.267 (and I love it), I have the same problems as dssesq. I cannot download attachments, regardless of type and size, and I cannot download "more" of the message. Like dssesq stated, I have done the Service Book thing and de/re-registration of service-books/routing-tables; with no luck. When I do a battery pull, the problem is gone temporarily.

I have searched many forums and I usually don't post unless I have searched extensively as I don't want you guys to waste your time, but now it seems your expertise and advice is needed .

Thanks
    Last edited by melbadri; 03-24-12 at 10:46 PM.
    03-22-12 01:19 AM
    I have the same issue, anyone come up with a solution.
    04-07-12 10:57 AM
    You cannot download file larger than 8MB, but since you aren't able to download anything, I would suggest you to call your carrier and cancel your Blackberry service or remove it how ever and tell them to set it up again for you (as a new user) and re-install OS i hope that's gonna fix it.
    04-07-12 05:30 PM
    This is how I fixed it...

I deleted any service books that were not properly configured. I was able to tell which service books were not configured properly by going into each service books and seeing if the Gateway IP had an IP address. Not a 0.0.0.0 IP address. I did this for my Gmail and TCP/IP service books. Then I went to the Host Routing Table and I clicked "Register Now". Then I restarted.

That seemed to have worked for me.

I have tried this before but I have only deleted the Gmail service book.

Remember you might have to re-setup your e-mail setting (From the "Setup" menu --> Email Accounts --> Options --> Service Books --> Send Service Books).

Hope this helps...good luck.
    Last edited by melbadri; 05-11-12 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Clarification!
    04-08-12 10:10 PM
    Any other solutions. melbadris fix only works till next restart.

I have the same problem on my 9981 running 7.1.0.342
    08-10-12 05:17 AM
    This is a known issue with Verizon. I have not had any problem with the most recent software update
    Rick
    08-10-12 06:18 AM
    I'm in Europe though and contacted my operator. No luck though.
    08-10-12 08:34 AM
    This is a known issue with Verizon. I have not had any problem with the most recent software update
    Rick
    I have the most recent update and I still can not download attachments. Called Verizon, no help, zip, nada. They show nothing in data base for this problem (LMFAO) Still looking, mine stopped working about 5 days ago, did the upgrade to .580 nothing changed.
    08-11-12 02:06 AM
    This is definitely a server side problem than. You guys are on Verizon CDMA I'm on Turkcell GSM (3G UMTS)
    08-11-12 05:01 AM
    And different phones and firmwares.

9930 vs 9981
    08-11-12 05:01 AM
    Ok finally found a fix that worked for me.....delete service books, call Big Red and have them send service books. When I deleted and then resent service books to myself it didn't work. All is working and has been working good for 3 weeks now.
    09-03-12 10:18 AM
    You cannot download file larger than 8MB, but since you aren't able to download anything, I would suggest you to call your carrier and cancel your Blackberry service or remove it how ever and tell them to set it up again for you (as a new user) and re-install OS i hope that's gonna fix it.
    I don't have any problems downloading 200mb files. I'm with Vz. Just an FYI
    09-03-12 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD