08-27-11 10:42 PM
36 12
tools
    I can't be happier with the battery life with my Bold 9930. I took it off the charger at 7am today at 100% and it's at 50% now at 7:45pm. 12 hours and it's only half dead? I'm over joyed. Might be nice to get an extended battery if they become available so I could get two days or so out of it. Maybe a 1600mah battery? If not I'll get a second battery and a charger for the batteries.
    This is with stock OS? Do you use BBM and texting?
    08-26-11 07:17 PM
    What bothers me is that 95% of Blackberry users won't have the first clue about what possible things they can do about poor battery life. They don't read CB, they don't know about different OS builds or how to install them - all they know is the phone their carrier gave them, how to switch it on, how to use it. I suspect the majority of them don't even know about doing battery pulls when things get sluggish. They will get poor battery life and just accept it.

And yet reading CB, it's quite clear that these are devices which need a fair amount of tinkering. "Have you tried this leaked OS or that leaked OS. I have found that with build XXX you get about 15% more battery life than with build YYY, but what you have to do is do a battery pull every 24 hours and don't touch it for 5 minutes when it first boots."

I'm sorry but people shouldn't have to be delving into any of this crap to get their phone working to an acceptable standard. They should just work right out of the box. "New device" my ***....there are new models of laptops and desktops that are released on the mass market every day that don't have these severe performance issues. There are new models of car that guess what, operate as they should from day one. But somehow we seem to be conditioning ourselves that when new Blackberries get released, we should treat them like DIY kits to tinker with until they're "just right."

I call BS on the whole thing.
    jebulls and anon3396357 like this.
    08-26-11 07:57 PM
    This is with stock OS? Do you use BBM and texting?
    Stock OS , email, texting, and phone calls. No bbm since I haven't exchanged my pin yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 08:21 PM
    probably a signal issue - try to use 3g/2g instead of H+
    08-26-11 08:24 PM
    im interested in what settings you guys are using?
    wifi?
    2g or 3g or 2g & 3g?
    bluetooth?
    08-26-11 10:33 PM
    3G and 2G here
    08-27-11 12:45 AM
    I'm discharging at a rate of 7-9% with little to no use. I charge mine up over night, after a couple of hours at work with the phone in the holster I'm down to 50% and its back on the charger. It seems like I got better battery life before I upgraded to .340
    08-27-11 05:52 AM
    I used the Switch Device on mine.
    I have a few third party apps, facebook, teitter, bebuzz, weatherbug and a couple of games.
    I mainly use bbm, fb, twitter and the browser and calls obviously.
    My battery life seems better than it was a few days ago, maybe it just needed time?
    Still think I will wipe the whole thing and start from scratch though to see if I can get it any better
    08-27-11 08:07 AM
    You really had them take out 5 phones? A little excessive, don't you think? I am surprised they indulged you. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have the fortitude to deal with the attitude that the sales reps would have with such a request . . .
    08-27-11 09:27 PM
    There is something wrong with the batteries/software on this phone. The results I've read seem wildly inconsistent. People just have to hope it's something RIM can get on top of, and not something out of their hands at this point.
    08-27-11 09:38 PM
    Mine phone says made in Mexico 4 and my battery is made in Japan, my battery life is amazing and comparable to my torch 9800. Very happy so far. I am a moderate to heavy user and can get a day an a half out of a full charge, easy.
    08-27-11 10:42 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD