Hi guys, i cannot setup Email Accounts on my brother's bold 9900. after following steps in Setup, i cannot make it work. He still cannot receive any emails, but he is enrolled to Email service from his provider. When i look in Email accounts, i can see his email but it seems that its not working because there isn't a check mark on Email Accounts, meaning it hasn't been configured yet. by the way, his bold 9900 is factory unlocked with vendor ID 378. firmware is .261
    10-09-11 07:43 PM
    Not sure what E-mail service is, but your brother has to have some form of BIS/BIS-Lite to be able to configure e-mail accounts on a BlackBerry.

After that, the device should be registered with the wireless network.

Vendor ID suggests HK PRD. Still not sure who your carrier is, but they should have a BIS log in page (web portal) that you should be able to a: Log in, or b: create an account.
    10-09-11 07:58 PM
    Not sure what E-mail service is, but your brother has to have some form of BIS/BIS-Lite to be able to configure e-mail accounts on a BlackBerry.

After that, the device should be registered with the wireless network.

Vendor ID suggests HK PRD. Still not sure who your carrier is, but they should have a BIS log in page (web portal) that you should be able to a: Log in, or b: create an account.
    thanks for the reply. i checked his BIS and it is active, as a matter of fact when we tried his SIM on BB Pearl it works.
    10-10-11 08:33 PM
    i also experienced that , after calling my provider it worked
    10-10-11 08:36 PM
    RIM is having issue with NEW email registrations on their servers. So, I think that's the problem causing this.... Hopefully they will fix this soon. All the registered email accounts will still work, but the new activation will not work.

At least that's what I read on the news.
    10-10-11 08:37 PM
    You could try and have the service books sent from the provider. Might do the trick. Log on to the BIS and you can send the service books yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD