I cannot set my convenience key after i installed vlingo on my 9900. After i've uninstalled the app, even format my built-in memory card, and my sd card, bbsak wipe and reinstall new os. No matter what I do, I cannot get my covenience key working again.(I had my convenience key set as music before vlingo).

Can someone help me out? I'm running the latest .474

I know my convenice key is not broken because I got it to work on sixtool, but there is no option that I can set my key as "music" with sixtool.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jdaclutch; 11-06-11 at 02:34 AM.
    11-06-11 01:47 AM
    Cant think of anything else that one app is causing this problem ... and its maybe not vlingo.And you might reloaded it while doing your back up after you wiped it.
    Is there any chance you loaded vlingo and maybe loaded a shortcut app after that?
    Last edited by KoreAairlines; 11-06-11 at 02:49 AM.
    11-06-11 02:44 AM
    Here's your solution. I've been a huge Vlingo user/supporter for a while now so Vlingo was one of the first apps I installed on my 9930/7.0.0.374. Since the last OS update I noticed you cannot choose "Vlingo" from the Convenience key list because it will NOT Work. Instead choose the option to "DO NOTHING". And continue through the set-up. This should solve your issue. Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had and troubleshooting you've tried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 03:22 AM
    @Rezn, that will fixes things for Vlingo, but what if users want to user their convenience key for other things? It is after all called convenience key and not Vlingo key!
    11-06-11 05:51 AM
    Cant think of anything else that one app is causing this problem ... and its maybe not vlingo.And you might reloaded it while doing your back up after you wiped it.
    Is there any chance you loaded vlingo and maybe loaded a shortcut app after that?
    I had ql along with vlingo on my phone, but i wiped and reinstalled a fresh os without reloading anything afterward(i also formatted the built-in memory storage too). Now I'm not sure waht the problem is...
    11-06-11 10:29 AM
    I have the same Problem...took Vlingo off the phone now the convenience key does not work -.-
    12-01-11 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD