Sometimes when I am texting with certain people I am presented with a problem. The chat style messages will not allow me to scroll up through them to see past messages. Do I have too many messages? Is there a way to go back to the old style (non-chat)?
    09-23-11 07:06 PM
    me too...............
    09-23-11 08:29 PM
    me too...............
    I've posted twice now the same question, I was hoping it wasn't only me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 10:41 PM
    Same thing happens to me, very random, still annoying. Usually a battery pull will right this but that's a lame fix (and inconvenient if you are in the middle of a conversation) for what appears to be a glitch. That's all I got and I posted a week or so ago myself with no response.....
    09-23-11 10:45 PM
    It's been happening to me for awhile and right now while in the middle of a conversation with someone I can't scroll up, so I decided to lurk different forums! I love this phone and everything but this is the only downside to it! I've tried everything, it has happened to me a few times like early today and I told my friend to text me and it worked. This happened in his own texts conversation of course. I can usually get it back to scrolling like normal but it takes awhile after fiddling but I can never figure out what I did! Someone needs to figure this out and get back to us ASAP!
    09-29-11 07:39 AM
    Battery pull resets usually clear it up. Also go into the chat settings and change the style from bubbles to stripes and vice versa.
    10-02-11 05:10 PM
    this bug is annoying and i am looking forward to a fix

10-02-11 05:15 PM
    i have this on my 9930 also in sms and bbm, but if i just escape the convo and go back into it the scrolling works fine. annoying but easy fix for me.
    10-02-11 06:01 PM
    Yes BlackBerry has problem with that.
    I'm fed up with waiting this bug fixed for years.
    Here's my solution for vital conversations..
    At long messages, i write them into a blank mail page and using copy-paste.
    That's better than pulling the battery out and waiting for 2-3 mins in the middle of conversation.
    In this way i keep my device turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 06:11 PM
    I too have experience with this weird bug.

For me, i did not have to do a battery pull, I think I just started texting other people etc and came back to the same conversation and it scrolled just fine.
    10-02-11 07:08 PM
    Sometimes when I am texting with certain people I am presented with a problem. The chat style messages will not allow me to scroll up through them to see past messages. Do I have too many messages? Is there a way to go back to the old style (non-chat)?
    Yep, me too
    10-03-11 01:27 AM
    I'm facing this same problem too on a bold 9900 running vodafone uk software

10-03-11 06:03 AM
    yep have this too. try and scoll up and it wont. you can see the date and time of the past messages as you scroll up but the actual message dont scroll.
    10-03-11 03:12 PM
    Same problem on mine. I've twitted @BlackBerryHelp but have not received a response yet
    10-03-11 03:47 PM
    Same problem here. Bold 9900 v7.0.0.296 what I have found is that if I hit Menu Button, View Contact and select the latest text in Recent Activity I can scroll through the whole conversation.
    10-03-11 05:31 PM
    yep..it's a known issue. and it has plagued RIM for a long time. i've seen this problem on previous devices too. it's never been fixed.

an OS upgrade might "fix" it--or at least have it show up less times.
    10-03-11 05:35 PM
    Try hitting 'T' to go to the top and then scroll down. That usually works for me.
    10-03-11 05:35 PM
    Battery pull does work but i found that just turning the phone off then back on works aswell.
    10-03-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD