I deleted the vendor.xml file then installed OS 7.1 and rebooted. I verified it did not existing when I logged in. I used BBSAK to wipe my device as it the App Loader would not upgrade it nor would desktop manager. I'm sitting with the 507 error. When I try and use App Loader, it says "blackberry desktop software does not have the blackerry device software for the device that is connected." It does, I installed it and it's the only device software installed. When I connect to desktop manager, it can't connect (says no battery or something but that's becuase of the error 507).

I just want to install the OS 7.1 to test the wifi calling.
    02-14-12 01:03 PM
    What operating system are you using? Be advised that there can be TWO vendor.xml files on your computer. I don't remember off the top of my head where the second one is. Do a search on here. You should be able to find it =)
    02-14-12 01:07 PM
    Vista. I did a search and have no vendor.xml on my entire laptop.
    02-14-12 01:37 PM
    The second one is called device.xml.

Look up Vendelete and you..

Or just go here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/

it will delete both.
    02-14-12 02:51 PM
    Oops. I thought it was also named Vendor.vml.

Thanks for the input! =)

The second one is called device.xml.

Look up Vendelete and you..

Or just go here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...emover-673344/

it will delete both.
    02-14-12 03:40 PM
    Here is my 101 pasted.

Delete vendor files after you install OS on PC.

1. Uninstall any previous OS you may have installed.
    2. Install the OS to your PC.
    3. If you have a Windows PC, change your folders option to show hidden files/folders
    4. Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.
    5. IF you happen to have Windows 64 bit, go here as well: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML andd elete that vendor file as well.

*You need to delete the vendor file(s) whenever you are using an OS that is not from your carrier. A simple search of your c: drive should pull these 2 vendors up as well, but you must have enabled show hidden files/folders.

6. Open up Desktop Manager and check to see if there is an updated OS and install.

or

7. Open up Loader in your PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I would highly recommend uninstalling SocialFeeds prior to this. You can re-install it during the installation process.
    02-14-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD