Hello everyone,

I recently updated my Bold 9900 on Telus to the most recent version of the OS (Bundle 2406, v7.0.0.585) and can no longer download and install the Blackberry traffic app onto my phone. It is available in App World, but it always stops at 4.2/4.9MB and then says that an error has occured and to try again later. I tried doing a wipe on the phone a couple times and it continues to give me this error ever since the OS update on this one app. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    01-18-12 11:31 PM
    I had a similar issue with an app once (it may have been BB Traffic), and the way I got around it was to go to the appworld website in my BB browser and launch the download from there (instead of via the in-phone app). I didn't think it would have made a difference, but it did the trick for me.

Try from here in your BB browser: Free BlackBerry Traffic - Download BlackBerry Traffic - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Hope it helps,
    Rob
    01-19-12 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the tip; I tried to do it through the browser with no luck though
    01-19-12 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the tip; I tried to do it through the browser with no luck though
    Is it still happening today, when trying to download the app the regular way?
    01-20-12 06:53 PM
    Are you doing it over wifi or cellular? Are you running the latest AppWorld?

You could try downloading it OTA from the rroyy.com website. I was loading up an old Bold 9000 using the rroyy.com site and some programs would not load over wifi. I had to put my 9900 sim card in it, even though it still looked like it was using the wifi connection. It may have even been Blackberry Traffic that was giving me the problem.
    01-20-12 07:04 PM
    Do you have BB Maps installed on your phone? BB Traffic won't work without it. I read that in the description of Traffic in App World.

Debbie
    01-22-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD