Just wondering if Blackberry still makes and sells the 9900 (and 9930) phones. I'm considering buying one and would like to buy a brand new one if this is possible.
    08-01-15 05:42 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:10 PM
    Yes. eBay.
    08-07-15 06:18 PM
    Ask questions before you buy on ebay or Amazon if you are looking for new - I had a retailer tell me theirs qualified as "new" because they were showroom floor demos.

Good luck with your search, let me know if you find any new / sealed in package.
    08-09-15 01:39 PM
    I thought Verizon still had the 9930 on the Website but I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:54 PM
    08-10-15 08:13 AM
    I ended up buying a (hopefully) new one from Amazon. Comes in this week.

I turned in my Classic. Why? Because I don't like Blackberry OS10. I loved the phone itself and wish that it had OS7 on it.

If OS10 ever becomes more like OS7 or gets better in other ways that are compelling, I'll buy one again.

Another thing I didn't like about it was that I was using the touchscreen too much. I hate touchscreen phones and tablets. I don't mind having a touchscreen but I want to use it sparingly. It was hard not to on the classic.
    08-30-15 02:11 PM
    Got my 'new' 9900 today and it wasn't new. I've already filled out the return form from Amazon. What a freaking joke... I selected the 'new' filter option on the Amazon page and I ended up with a used one. Does anybody think maybe Amazon should have another website for used items and that they should keep their main site strictly selling new stuff?

Anyway, for the brief time I played with it, I can tell I'd really like this phone. It feels perfect in my hand and I love the OS and toolbar.

All I need is a phone, text, email, GPS, and internet. I don't need no 14 massive parallel core 18GHZ gaming phone that can do 12,000 things that I'd never use.

If anybody knows a reputable place where I can buy a brand new 9900, let me know...

I'd be ok with the Classic if the OS was more like OS7...
    kjmcl528 likes this.
    09-02-15 07:50 PM
    The carriers might have them since BlackBerry re-released the phone last year.

But pretty much you're not going to find a new 9900 unless someone bought the 2014 version (which I did for $399 from BlackBerry).

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    09-03-15 12:05 AM
    Got my 'new' 9900 today and it wasn't new. I've already filled out the return form from Amazon. What a freaking joke... I selected the 'new' filter option on the Amazon page and I ended up with a used one. Does anybody think maybe Amazon should have another website for used items and that they should keep their main site strictly selling new stuff?

Anyway, for the brief time I played with it, I can tell I'd really like this phone. It feels perfect in my hand and I love the OS and toolbar.

All I need is a phone, text, email, GPS, and internet. I don't need no 14 massive parallel core 18GHZ gaming phone that can do 12,000 things that I'd never use.

If anybody knows a reputable place where I can buy a brand new 9900, let me know...

new blackberry bold 9900 | eBay
    09-03-15 10:46 AM
    I have a white unlocked 9900 that could pass for near new. However, I need to reach my post ante of 50 before I can offer it in the marketplace. The same goes for a black AT&T 9900 I bought from an AT&T employee. I'll put them up for $75 each when I get to post them on the marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:04 AM

That's what I was thinking when I looked at Amazon.

Have you checked swappa? There was a seller in Texas that has new resale (whatever that means) 9930's - all of their pics have the accessories still in plastic.

I'm with you on the phone - it's great for messaging. I just put a new keyboard on mine and it feels like new.
    09-03-15 09:19 PM
    Nice.... This phone is a machine. Been using mine for ages now and it's never been boring.....

Sent from my Venue 7 HSPA+ using Tapatalk
    09-05-15 12:09 PM
    The carriers might have them since BlackBerry re-released the phone last year.

But pretty much you're not going to find a new 9900 unless someone bought the 2014 version (which I did for $399 from BlackBerry).

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    You can buy a new 9900 from blackberry? Got a link? I'd be ok spending that kind of money for a known new phone...
    09-05-15 05:32 PM
    You can buy a new 9900 from blackberry? Got a link? I'd be ok spending that kind of money for a known new phone...
    They're no longer available

Try the carriers! Some might have stock

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    09-07-15 11:47 PM
    I'd go with eBay. Find a seller asking a reasonable price, and then look through the feedback. My rules of thumb are only to buy if:

• you can see which item people purchased in the feedback, and then search the page for that item (so you can see if they had a good experience). Use CTRL+F to search. Hint: you can switch to seeing 200 feedback at a time.
    • the seller has over 99.5% positive feedback.

Maybe that's a little OCD, but it produces good results!
    09-08-15 08:23 AM

From what I understand and read on these forums BIS is going to be discontinued. I don't remember where I read it and I haven't seen any press releases, but I wanted to throw that in here just in case it happens.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-13-15 06:56 PM
    From what I understand and read on these forums BIS is going to be discontinued. I don't remember where I read it and I haven't seen any press releases, but I wanted to throw that in here just in case it happens.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Yeah that's the (unfortunate) issue. Once BIS is turned off by a carrier, basically the phone will not be good for much. It's still one of my all-time favorite phones.

Posted from CB10
    09-13-15 09:27 PM
    I have a white unlocked 9900 that could pass for near new. However, I need to reach my post ante of 50 before I can offer it in the marketplace. The same goes for a black AT&T 9900 I bought from an AT&T employee. I'll put them up for $75 each when I get to post them on the marketplace.

Posted via CB10
    PM me I want your Black 99

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-16-15 05:24 AM