Can you put a screen protector on the 9900? Or will it make the Touch screen less responsive and less precise?
    08-05-11 05:14 PM
    I would think so, since the torch has screen protectors
    08-05-11 05:30 PM
    Oh, that's good.

Has anyone here put one though? Did the screen feel less precise or was it the same?
    08-05-11 05:33 PM
    It would be dumb if you spent $250-$600 on a smartphone and not be able to have a good screen protector on it.

I would assume you can ..
    There will definitely be some.

No, almost every single smartphone has specifically-designed screen-protectors and it doesn't effect responsiveness at all. Unless maybe it's a crappy touchscreen to begin with.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    Thank you very much for the info
    08-05-11 05:43 PM
    One of the videos I watched online had a 9900 with a privacy screen protector installed....
    ...So I'm certain it would work.
    08-05-11 05:48 PM
    Yeaaah Dont worry about it!
    08-05-11 08:12 PM
    Seeing the videos of the tuch screens, they run their fingers fairly softly across the screen on the Gretzky soo i believe it shouldnt affect it, unless your screen protector is an inch thick.
    08-06-11 11:34 PM
    When I had the Torch, I had a screen protector on it. It did not affect the sensitivity of the touchscreen at all. The swiping motion wasn't affected as well. They have two types you can buy. There's a matted one for those who have clammy fingers and the clear one. I had the matted one incase I was in a "sticky" situation. Okay, that sounded perverse. LOL. The screen wasn't as clear. So I ended up getting the clear one. Didn't have any issues with it. Have it on my iPhone4 as well. Buy a really good screen protector, not a cheap one.
    08-06-11 11:42 PM
    I have a privacy screen protector on my Torch.
    08-07-11 02:44 AM
    I even have a screen protector on my Bold 9650 (which obviously isn't even a touch screen). So I'm not sure why there wouldn't be screen protectors released for this device.
    08-07-11 03:19 AM
    All one has to do is search - the 9900/9930 screen protectors are for sale.
    08-07-11 09:15 AM
    Screen protectors are totally useless and cause nothing but problems. Screens on smartphones are tough and very hard to scratch or break, if you take care of the phone you don't need one! Don't listen to this nosense that if you spend X amount of dollars on phone you are stupid to not get a screen protector lol...please in the entire 4 years now that I've had smartphones (and I've had many) I've never once had one and never once had any issue.

None of my friends use them either, so you people must play hand ball with your phones something.
    shankeith likes this.
    08-07-11 09:22 AM
    Screen protectors are totally useless and cause nothing but problems. Screens on smartphones are tough and very hard to scratch or break, if you take care of the phone you don't need one! Don't listen to this nosense that if you spend X amount of dollars on phone you are stupid to not get a screen protector lol...please in the entire 4 years now that I've had smartphones (and I've had many) I've never once had one and never once had any issue.

None of my friends use them either, so you people must play hand ball with your phones something.
    Okay, so you don't get one. But other people want them, if nothing more than piece of mind. Some people shove the device in a pocket or throw it in their purse. Other people treat their phone like its the Grand Poobaa or something. The screen protector is ten bucks - I use one so when I re-sell a device, it's looks just like it came out of the box - and gives me a higher re-sell value. Common sense to me.
    Omar20v likes this.
    08-07-11 09:27 AM
    Okay, so you don't get one. But other people want them, if nothing more than piece of mind. Some people shove the device in a pocket or throw it in their purse. Other people treat their phone like its the Grand Poobaa or something. The screen protector is ten bucks - I use one so when I re-sell a device, it's looks just like it came out of the box - and gives me a higher re-sell value. Common sense to me.
    Damn dude are you my shadow or what?
    08-07-11 09:18 PM
    Plus I know people who used those tacky "Zagg" shields and the liquid that came with the kit to apply the shield got into their device and fried it! It's not worth chancing... If applying liquid to a 500.00 phone is neccessary to put a screen protector on then it doesn't go on lol...
    08-13-11 03:53 AM
    I always get the otterbox commuter cases for my BBs and they come with a screen protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 04:21 AM
    I'm waiting for my 9900 to arrive. Already have the otterbox impact case with free screen protecter. Will apply it of course. I'm sure the screen will be just as good.
    08-13-11 05:44 AM
    I tried one on mine, and the screen wasn't as smooth and didn't feel as nice

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 06:45 AM
    Anyone know of any places selling quality bold 9900 privacy screens yet? I've only found a couple but not from reputable companies.
    08-13-11 01:02 PM
    I tried one on mine, and the screen wasn't as smooth and didn't feel as nice

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That is very disappointing
    08-13-11 01:09 PM
    Anyone know of any places selling quality bold 9900 privacy screens yet? I've only found a couple but not from reputable companies.
    Vzw has had the "privacy" shield for Blackberry for years now, check with them on Monday. They go for 15 bucks.

08-13-11 01:37 PM
    BB screens are quite resilient in bare form, but the only thing that scares me is if I dropped it face flat on concrete really..

08-13-11 01:55 PM
    Yes, bought a Ghost Armour screen protector (custom fit, since they don't have any officials yet) from their shop. Fits beautifully, does not obstruct the touch at all, and you can't even tell it's there.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-13-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD