Is there a way to manually configure email account settings on the 9900 ?

Recently my email service provided (BT in the UK) has split from it's partnership with Yahoo and changed servers etc.

Since the change I consistently receive emails on my PC that are not being pushed to my BB. Sending messages is unaffected.

I had to reconfigure Outlook 2007 to received messages but can't find an option to try to do the same on my 9900. The email set up wizard doesn't appear to have that option.

The accounts in Outlook are now automatically configured as IMAP whereas previously they were POP3, but my g.mail account is also IMAP and functions fine on the BB.

I have deleted and re set up the accounts on the BB, re sent service books and host routing table with no success.

My g.mail and Outlook.com accounts are functioning perfectly so it would appear to be a BT server issue.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
    10-25-13 09:37 AM
    KB33444-How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Try that to test your account settings.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-25-13 09:56 AM
    KB33444-How to use the Email Account Validation Tool (EAVT)

Try that to test your account settings.
    Many thanks for the info.

Ran the tool on the 2 affected accounts (IMAP & mail.btinternet.com as those are the setting used in Outlook) and the settings were validated OK.

Not sure where that gets me other than to conclude that BT and BIS are not talking to each other at the moment as they should, maybe down to the recent migration of servers.
    10-25-13 10:09 AM
    How many email accounts do you have connected to your device?
    10-25-13 10:12 AM
    How many email accounts do you have connected to your device?
    2 x BT
    1 x gmail
    1 x Outlook.com
    Up to the last couple of weeks I always got my emails on the BB before they hit my PC. This is still the same with gmail and Outlook accounts, the 2 BT accounts now lag behind the PC and sometimes don't even get messages that the PC does.
    All seems to have started when BT Yahoo just became BT.
    10-25-13 10:17 AM
    I had heard that BT dropped Yahoo (Maybe it was one of your posts?)

You can try going to www.blackberry.com/integrate (from your device browser), but you may be asked to enter all your passwords again, but I don't think it would help if your provider is experiencing issues.
    10-25-13 10:42 AM
    I had heard that BT dropped Yahoo (Maybe it was one of your posts?)

You can try going to www.blackberry.com/integrate (from your device browser), but you may be asked to enter all your passwords again, but I don't think it would help if your provider is experiencing issues.
    Thanks, I am pretty sure that is it an issue with the new BT Servers and BIS given that my non BT accounts are working fine on the BB.

I appreciate your input.
    10-25-13 10:45 AM