guys keep this in mind, we were never able to get VVM to work properly on 9870s that were not at&t branded. there are many threads regarding this.

you can install VVM, set it up by restoring your at&t VVM settings from a previous backup file and it will say its set up properly. you may get notified of new vvm's, but not subsequent ones. this was a huge issue with rogers branded 9780's on at&t last year. it has to do with the phone not being an at&t branded phone. we even went to far as editing the VVM alx files to the at&t vendor ID, nothing worked. so i wouldnt be surprised if this still is an issue on the 9900 that is NOT at&t branded.
    11-13-11 07:10 PM
    Hmmm lame. I had a 9700 that I loaded vvm onto it; although it might have been an att phone.. I bought it unlocked
    11-13-11 08:50 PM
    Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. After about 2 weeks, I do in fact have VVM working perfectly on my Unlocked 9900 from Telus running on AT&T. If anyone needs help, I will try my best to give details on how I got it to work.
    11-22-11 04:11 PM
    Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. After about 2 weeks, I do in fact have VVM working perfectly on my Unlocked 9900 from Telus running on AT&T. If anyone needs help, I will try my best to give details on how I got it to work.
    Sam......I would LOVE to know how you did this. I have an unlocked Telus 9900 on AT&T just like you. Please share.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 10:07 PM
    Hey everyone,

loaded the cods manually, then restored VVM settings from a previous working VVM backup file? cuz if thats what you did, yea it will "technically" work, and did give notifications but missed subsequent new voicemails or they were severely delayed. it never worked 100%. just list how you did it here. dont make people chase you down for the fix.
    11-22-11 11:24 PM
    I have tried 7 ways from Sunday to make this work. Please. Share.

11-23-11 12:02 AM
    Same here ... tried every which way ... if this could work then I'd be set.
    11-23-11 06:59 AM
    I have a similar problem with an unlocked 604 (vendor ID)-9900 running on T-Mobile Germany.

I also have a working Bold 9000 T-Mobile Germany branded, and even when I installed the AT&T VVM on it, it worked perfectly on that phone. But the problem is: wether I install the VVM or the MBP (MBP=VVM for T-Mobile Germany) on the 9900, it can't connect and isn't able to be set up. The restore data has a "Visual Voicemail Options" file in it. On the Bold 9000, wether I install AT&Ts VVM or T-Mobile Germanys MBP, there is a "Mobilbox Pro Options" file included in the restore data. But the real issue is, that the "Mobilbox Pro Options" data can't be restored to another device. It's secured, grey and can't be highlighted within the restore process in DM.

The problem here is the carrier-specific VSM-File on the devices which brands them with the vendorID to a specific carrier. I think we'll never solve this.

11-23-11 10:45 AM
    Sam......I would LOVE to know how you did this. I have an unlocked Telus 9900 on AT&T just like you. Please share.....

First I started with a clean OS install and made sure not to include any VVM restored from backup. After the install, I made sure there were not a VVM icon. Then I went and downloaded the VVM .jad from www.theiexplorers.com/LeakedApps/VVM/VVM.jad. I restarted my 9900 right after doing this. After it reboots, I loaded the VVM .cods from ATT's .440 software. After manually installing the VVM .cods, I did a selected restore of VVM from a previous device. I also called ATT and had update the IMEI on the account to reflect my 9900, but then had them change it back to the IMEI of my previous blackberry, the 9800. After all that, it started working flawlessly for me.

lyea it will "technically" work, and did give notifications but missed subsequent new voicemails or they were severely delayed. it never worked 100%
    It works 100% for me. I wouldn't be wasting my time nor anyone else's if I wasn't truly positive that it worked 100%. In the past two weeks, new voicemails are not miss nor are they delayed. The notifications and the voicemail itself appear immediately and work flawlessly.
    Last edited by SAM18; 11-23-11 at 02:42 PM.
    11-23-11 02:32 PM
    I downloaded the JAD
    Rebooted
    Installed CODs
    Rebooted
    Sent Servicebooks
    Rebooted
    Asked me my voicemail password and pulled down the new voicemail
    but it doesn't notify me of any new voicemails in the mailbox

If I reboot it seems to pull down the new voicemails and notify .... seems like a half working solution to me. Any ideas?
    11-23-11 03:12 PM
    I downloaded the JAD
    Rebooted
    Installed CODs
    Rebooted
    Sent Servicebooks
    Rebooted
    Asked me my voicemail password and pulled down the new voicemail
    but it doesn't notify me of any new voicemails in the mailbox

If I reboot it seems to pull down the new voicemails and notify .... seems like a half working solution to me. Any ideas?
    2 quick questions. 1) What happens when you push and hold the W button? Does it call your voicemail or does it bring up VVM? 2) Go into options and check your TCP IP. What does it say?
    11-23-11 04:40 PM
    2 quick questions. 1) What happens when you push and hold the W button? Does it call your voicemail or does it bring up VVM? 2) Go into options and check your TCP IP. What does it say?

1. Call dials my voicemail
    2. I have my AT&T APN settings in the TCP/IP section
    11-24-11 07:01 AM
    AT&T tells me the IMEI of my unlocked Rogers device is not compatable with VVM and won't allow them to change it.

11-24-11 07:41 AM
    AT&T tells me the IMEI of my unlocked Rogers device is not compatable with VVM and won't allow them to change it.

This is exactly what AT&T told me, that the computer/system would not allow them to add VVM due to my IMEI not being for a AT&T device.

I even took an older AT&T device and got them to provision it for VVM and then put the SIM in my 9900 with all the proper COD files and it worked once or twice and then not again.

I gave up, it just was not worth any more trouble trying to get it to work.
    11-24-11 07:53 AM
    This is exactly what AT&T told me, that the computer/system would not allow them to add VVM due to my IMEI not being for a AT&T device.

I even took an older AT&T device and got them to provision it for VVM and then put the SIM in my 9900 with all the proper COD files and it worked once or twice and then not again.

I gave up, it just was not worth any more trouble trying to get it to work.
    Ditto.
    That' what I got from AT&T also ...
    11-24-11 09:22 AM
    1. Call dials my voicemail
    2. I have my AT&T APN settings in the TCP/IP section
    1. Since it is calling your voicemail, it means vvm is not set up correctly (duh, I know). When I hold down my W key, VVM pops up. 2. Who is your phone originally from? Mine is from Telus and I use their APN settings instead of ATTs. In addition to using their settings, I manually added older ATT service books. All features works (internet/email) and interestingly enough MMS, which I could never receive pictures on any of my previous blackberries. If you know or can find the APN settings from your phones originally carrier, I would try that route.
    Last edited by SAM18; 11-24-11 at 06:38 PM.
    11-24-11 06:33 PM

I went into an ATT store about a week and a half ago because my SIM card stopped working. That's when the rep tried added the 9900's IMEI. She was successful in doing so, but BlackBerry protect said this phone doesn't have a data plan capable of using BBProtect (or something to that effect). She then put the older IMEI back and added a note to the account that a non ATT 9900 was being used and included the IMEI.
    Last edited by SAM18; 11-24-11 at 08:07 PM.
    11-24-11 06:37 PM
    I will give it a try.

11-24-11 08:03 PM
    I will give it a try.

howd it go? I might try this tonight or tomorrow..
    11-25-11 05:06 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD