I have one of those universal cradle, but the sides are too far out. It lays to far back.
    Checked Verizon and they have nothing. On line searches came up with a 9000 fitted holder but this is a lot thinner. They have this Cinco sticky one but it takes off the back when peeling off. I take it out everystop and that does not work.
    Is there a fitted car cradle yet for the 9930 where it can hold or fit in so front is exposed completely?
    Thanks.
    09-28-11 05:41 AM
    I've liked the Brodit Holders for my 9700 and already ordered one for my 9900. Not sure if they live up to your expectations, but it's sure a Great Active or Passive Car Holder =).

Passive Holder

Active Holder
    09-28-11 06:23 AM
    I agree, ProClips (Brodit)make the best mounts around in my opinion. I have used them for the 9000, 9800, and the PlayBook.

ProClip
    09-28-11 06:37 AM
    I use a bracketron mount for my phones. You can ratchet it out for wider devices or in for thinner. Picked it up at radio shack. Great since i switch devices. The sides not only go in and out but also up and down to provide access to ports. Ive used it with a 97xx, 9800, 9330, 9930 and 9850. Its great.
    09-28-11 08:28 AM
    I use a bracketron mount for my phones. You can ratchet it out for wider devices or in for thinner. Picked it up at radio shack. Great since i switch devices. The sides not only go in and out but also up and down to provide access to ports. Ive used it with a 97xx, 9800, 9330, 9930 and 9850. Its great.
    +1 I'm using it last 3 years with my 9000, 9700 and planning to use for 9900 when at&t drops it.
    09-28-11 01:29 PM
    Already ordered my proclipusa.com mount. They fit perfectly and last forever. Had the same car for years and the car mount piece is 4 years old. Every new device I acquire always rests in a proclip (Brodit) car mount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 04:21 PM
    I have one of those universal cradle, but the sides are too far out. It lays to far back.
    Checked Verizon and they have nothing. On line searches came up with a 9000 fitted holder but this is a lot thinner. They have this Cinco sticky one but it takes off the back when peeling off. I take it out everystop and that does not work.
    Is there a fitted car cradle yet for the 9930 where it can hold or fit in so front is exposed completely?
    Thanks.
    Here is another one to look at here in the CB store. Not sure if it is what you want but check it out.

http://shop.crackberry.com/clingo-un...medium=content
    09-28-11 09:02 PM
    There's ProClip.....
    Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
    ...and then there's a bunch of second-rate ones. ProClip is by far the best, as it is made specifically for your vehicle and specifically for your device.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-28-11 at 10:22 PM.
    09-28-11 09:40 PM
    +1 for ProClip had one for my 9000, 9700, 9780.
    09-28-11 10:09 PM
    09-28-11 11:04 PM
    As already said the Brodit (Proclip) are great. I am waiting for mine for the 9900 but as a temp solution I picked up a 9000 Brodit from ebay and it works well.

May be a cheap alternative.
    09-29-11 04:04 AM
    Here is another one to look at here in the CB store. Not sure if it is what you want but check it out.

http://shop.crackberry.com/clingo-un...medium=content
    I have this one but you can only use it with a case on your 9900 otherwise it will pull the battery door off, works pretty well though and you can just wash it with soap when it gets dirty to regain the stickiness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 04:42 AM
    As already said the Brodit (Proclip) are great. I am waiting for mine for the 9900 but as a temp solution I picked up a 9000 Brodit from ebay and it works well.

May be a cheap alternative.
    I was actually wondering if that would work, I still have one for the 9000, does it fit tight?
    09-29-11 07:37 AM
    I was actually wondering if that would work, I still have one for the 9000, does it fit tight?
    I got the active 9000 version one from ebay so I had to remove the old style charging cable. I may try mod the holder to fit a micro usb (the 9000 charger position is slightly higher than the 9900). I made a slot in the top of the holder to match the standby button (was easy as I fixed the holder to some timber to clamp it and then routed it).

The phone fits in the holder great. The phones are the same height and width but the 9900 is slimmer. I was concerned that the inside edge of the holder may run the rubber case on the 9900 so I filed it down slightly to have a radius. The phone is solid once in!

I imagine the passive style holder would work as well but with no mods required.

I will try get pics tonight.
    09-29-11 08:41 AM
    +1 I'm using it last 3 years with my 9000, 9700 and planning to use for 9900 when at&t drops it.
    Here is a cup holder, but it can be used on any type of mount. Amazon.com: Bracketron Mobile Dock-iT Universal Cup Holder - Universal car mount: Electronics
    09-29-11 09:10 AM
    I got the active 9000 version one from ebay so I had to remove the old style charging cable. I may try mod the holder to fit a micro usb (the 9000 charger position is slightly higher than the 9900). I made a slot in the top of the holder to match the standby button (was easy as I fixed the holder to some timber to clamp it and then routed it).

The phone fits in the holder great. The phones are the same height and width but the 9900 is slimmer. I was concerned that the inside edge of the holder may run the rubber case on the 9900 so I filed it down slightly to have a radius. The phone is solid once in!

I imagine the passive style holder would work as well but with no mods required.

I will try get pics tonight.
    Pics would be great-thanks!
    09-29-11 09:13 AM
    Do not want to spend $29 for a bracket for Ford Escape. Do you think this holder can be rigged on something else? On a vent holder?
    Thanks!
    09-29-11 09:14 AM
    Pics would be great-thanks!
    I need to put the power feed bit back together or modify it to take a cig lighter input.

Sorry I had to use the phone to take the pics. Trust me it fits perfectly.
    09-29-11 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD