Had my Bold 9900 (Bell phone) for less than a week and I have already posted my first glitch here which is really annoying.

I am unable to search when I begin typing on my home screen page.

The keyboard works fine when texting but no characters register when typing on the home screen. This feature was great when it was working as I would use it for short cuts.

Just to be clear on exactly what I mean. If I started typing calcu then I would immediately start getting results on possible areas I'm trying to access.

Anyone else experience this? What should I do? Hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come!
    12-05-11 09:06 AM
    Go to options-display-home screen pref and change the launch by typing to Universal Search.
    12-05-11 09:13 AM
    Have you checked if Universal Search is still your default option?

Menu > Options > Launch by Typing = Universal Search

Also check to see you have the correct items checked off in the Search Options.

If all else fails... try a battery pull
    BBLifeSentence likes this.
    12-05-11 09:15 AM
    Double checked the settings and it's set to "Universal Search"

Was working earlier in the day and then just stopped all of a sudden.
    12-05-11 09:28 AM
    Phill_UK

You the man! *high 5*

Battery pull worked. Was a pain to remove the case (otterbox commuter) but we'll worth the trouble!

Thanks again!!!
    12-05-11 09:36 AM
    No probs... and to save you from physically pulling the battery out next time, just press Alt + Right Shift + Del
    12-05-11 09:44 AM
    We'll just picked up my phone and noticed the "auto search" is once again no longer working!

I'm sure a quick battery pull will do the trick but even that this is starting to become very annoying! Was so excited to get my new phone but this is just an awful experience.

The otterbox commuter case isn't the easiest to pry off and I'm not sure if the battery pull will cause damage down the road!

FRUSTRATED!!!
    12-05-11 11:02 PM
    What version are u running?

Maybe try upadating your software to either .470 or higher. I personally recommend .540 cause that's what I have and its almost perfect!
    Last edited by malyfsborin88; 12-05-11 at 11:32 PM.
    12-05-11 11:25 PM
    Feel like such a hump for asking but how do I know what version I have?

The phone is only 5 days old and I haven't updated. At least not that I know of!??!

Is this the information I need:

7.0 Bundle 1355 (v7.0.0.261, Platform 5.0.0.469)

Sorry for sounding like a noob, because I am one!
    12-05-11 11:43 PM
    Well at least you found the info lol. We were all noobs at one point.

Anyways back to the point, you have the first and original version which it comes with ie .261. I would highly recommend switching to a .540 offical release from Turkcell. Just look at the sticky in 9900 forum.

I would also recommend that you do a clean install meaning back up and wipe everything u have on now and then install the new software. Don't restore any apps if u had any rather install them again from Appworld. If you need help upgrading just search the forums there's a whole ton of tuts to help u out.

Let me know if u run into a brick wall.
    Last edited by malyfsborin88; 12-06-11 at 01:02 AM.
    BBLifeSentence likes this.
    12-06-11 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD