Is OK to use the same SD card in my new BB Bold 9930 that I had in my HTC EVO 4g? If so, will it transfer my photos & contacts to the 9930?
    11-12-11 02:21 PM
    Is OK to use the same SD card in my new BB Bold 9930 that I had in my HTC EVO 4g? If so, will it transfer my photos & contacts to the 9930?

Using the same sd card will be ok. Once you put the card into your new blackberry it will great folders for how blackberry organizes things. You might have to manually put pictures into the picture and so fourth. But everything will still be on your card.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    tomgnc likes this.
    11-12-11 02:25 PM
    You sure can. I came back to BlackBerry from an HTC Evo 4G myself (my wife kept hers - may consider the BBX phone but for her the 4.3" screen kept her loyal) and I just took the card and used it on my Bold 9930.

The SD card is standard. It work with anyone that uses standards so BlackBerry and Android can swap no problem.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-12-11 at 02:33 PM.
    tomgnc likes this.
    11-12-11 02:29 PM
    If you have not yet placed this card into your new BB Please do not just place it in there right away ok.

PLease do this first and I will just assume of course you have a Micro SD... Anyway it is much better and you will have less trouble if you create a temp folder on your Desktop PC and move everything from your card into this folder.

Afterward then place the SD card into your new BB empty making sure that once you moved everything, you kept it empty or deleted everything if you chose to copy things over and did not make a permanent move. Now format this card in your BB so your new BB places the proper BB folders on the SD card and forms the infrastructure that BB uses to file things.

Once you have done this it is safe to place everything from the temp folder you created back onto the SD card.

You will have less trouble in the future this way and although there are a few extra steps it is well worth it.
    bcbbanga4l and tomgnc like this.
    11-12-11 04:29 PM
    If you have not yet placed this card into your new BB Please do not just place it in there right away ok.

PLease do this first and I will just assume of course you have a Micro SD... Anyway it is much better and you will have less trouble if you create a temp folder on your Desktop PC and move everything from your card into this folder.

Afterward then place the SD card into your new BB empty making sure that once you moved everything, you kept it empty or deleted everything if you chose to copy things over and did not make a permanent move. Now format this card in your BB so your new BB places the proper BB folders on the SD card and forms the infrastructure that BB uses to file things.

Once you have done this it is safe to place everything from the temp folder you created back onto the SD card.

You will have less trouble in the future this way and although there are a few extra steps it is well worth it.
    This is right... I once corrupted my SD card when transferred from 9700 to 9780, which is funny because both of them are BBs. I lost all my files in there. Sometimes when a SD card is inserted, the phone delete or screw up the files in the formatting process. I had a some customers which end up with losing all of their data on the card because they simply pull out from one phone and pug it in another. Back up all your data because it is better to be safe than to be sorry.
    tomgnc likes this.
    11-13-11 01:30 AM
    i agree first copy everything to computer. i came from android and i just put sd card in bb and it created double folders for some applications . then the app would mess up because it didnt know which folder it belonged to
    tomgnc likes this.
    11-13-11 01:49 AM
    Hope you made out OK with your SD card as I adviced you.
    11-13-11 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD