I'm trying to get the LED on this Bold 9900 to flash until I look at the SMS messages. Right now it comes on orange and goes off after about 15 minutes.

I was looking at this old post, does anyone know if I could use any of the methods mentioned, or another method to change this setting?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ssages-794681/

I looked everywhere and there does not appear to be a setting for this right now.

Does anyone know if I would be able to get the light to keep flashing if I get a Bold 9790, as mentioned in the older post above?

Thank You,

Lee
    02-06-19 05:42 AM
    If still available on BBW, "Advance OS & Led" does this along with countless other no-brainer enhancements. A must have app for BBOS, imo.
    Using AOS, I set some contacts to unique color & flash sequences for instant ID. Even coded morse code flash patterns for a few contacts. Lol. Nice to know who's called/msg'd while in meetings, in shower, etc. at a glance. I set mine to expire at 15 minutes just to minimize overlap confusion. But, AOS does provide quite a few duration options. Including a "forever" option.

No clue if it's still available but certainly worth looking in to, imo.
    02-09-19 07:56 AM
    Thank you! The problem I'm having is I can't seem to log on to the BB World website from the 9900 because it says cookies are not enabled, but they are enabled when I check my settings.
    02-10-19 10:53 AM
    Hmm... I've always used "blackberry world" app... not sure how BBW might behave thru browser..?? My 99 took a drop tonight and is awaiting a new KB & screen install (first thing in the morning) so I can't test BBW thru browser just yet.

Don't you have a BBW icon?

Other ideas but I'm suffering patience to type much on this gargantuan k1. Lol.
    02-11-19 05:04 AM
    Have had nothing but issues trying to install this app. When I try to use the BBW icon, I get a message that it needs to be updated, but then it won't update! I'm not clear if the BB World website is fully up and running or if it's just sort of left up for people who maybe already have access to it?
    02-11-19 05:49 AM
    I wish I could figure out a way around the issues!
    02-11-19 05:51 AM
    Well, after restoring this 9930 to service (new display & KB)(long story, lol), I find it goes strait to BBW thru both app and native browser. Likely due to legacy account settings?? As expected, purchase options have been broken for going on about a year but free apps seem available from THIS 99. Do you have BIS?

VZW is still carrying BIS to this old 9930. VZW refuses, however, to activate any additional CDMA. Including my attempt to replace this 9930 with an old "spare" rather than repair it. 15 minutes over coffee, yesterday morning, fitted this treasured 8 year old friend with new display & KB. "Agent 99" can face her final months well dressed, at least. Lol. Repairability as another cherished feature of this doomed model. Lol.

Absent BBW, have you checked out the "Bold without BIS" thread by @Shuswap? A respected authority on that strategy, among many other things. Might find some alternate pathways to "Logic Mail" (questionable security), "Opera Mini", AOS, etc...?? Not sure where to find that thread, these days, but planning to dig back into it myself in coming months. Time permitting?
    02-12-19 11:46 AM
    Absent BBW, have you checked out the "Bold without BIS" thread by @Shuswap? A respected authority on that strategy, among many other things. Might find some alternate pathways to "Logic Mail" (questionable security), "Opera Mini", AOS, etc...?? Not sure where to find that thread, these days, but planning to dig back into it myself in coming months. Time permitting?
    Hey Steve.... my website is more up to date than the thread. All the information is here: The Bold Explorer

I'm planning to move the site to my own server shortly, and I'll set up a redirect when I do.

"Time permitting?" -- Story of my life these days....
    idssteve likes this.
    02-12-19 09:12 PM
    LMAO @ Agent 99, you're dating both of us! You for the reference and me cause I understood it. I do not have BIS, only whatever I can get with wifi and prepaid TMobile! Will have to try to find the Bold w/o BIS thread too. Also this says a lot! "As expected, purchase options have been broken for going on about a year but free apps seem available from THIS 99." I think you may have been fortunate to already have some of what you need on Agent 99 before they pulled the plug on some things...
    idssteve likes this.
    02-13-19 05:35 AM
    LMAO @ Agent 99, you're dating both of us! You for the reference and me cause I understood it. I do not have BIS, only whatever I can get with wifi and prepaid TMobile! Will have to try to find the Bold w/o BIS thread too. Also this says a lot! "As expected, purchase options have been broken for going on about a year but free apps seem available from THIS 99." I think you may have been fortunate to already have some of what you need on Agent 99 before they pulled the plug on some things...
    Interloper here. They won't pull the plug on Agent 99, they'll drop the Cone of Silence on it.
    Sorry about that @leeleses. I couldn't resist.
    Shuswap, idssteve and leeleses like this.
    02-13-19 05:58 AM
    Shouldn't this be a thread about shoe-phones?
    Smokeaire, idssteve and leeleses like this.
    02-13-19 10:14 AM
    Actually, "Agent 99" was originally coined by another member referencing our 99's enchantingly efficient competency. Haven't seen that member around for a while so... just too good of analogy to let the name languish unused. Lol.

"Cone of Silence" aptly describes BIS shutdown. Imo. Lol. Hard to visualize rushing to catch a bus while talking on a "shoe phone" tho. Lol.

Thanks for the link, @Shuswap!
    leeleses likes this.
    02-13-19 11:51 AM
    A million thanks to everyone who helped me, you know who you are! Advanced OS and LED is installed and running great. It's such a GREAT app and as an added bonus I realized it could react to calls from my contact list being rung to turn on the LED, so I was able to turn off the email forwarding to the TMobile email to SMS text and avoid the SMS fees!!! This is fantastic!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    Yesterday 04:28 AM