Dropped from pickup. Small crack from upper mid left side to mid left top. Everything works fine; just very annoying. Can digitizer be replaced without replacing LCD? If so, where to buy parts or repair center recommended.
    02-13-12 10:13 PM
    I've bought a couple repair kits from repairsuniverse.com

From there you can seperately buy the screen and digitizer, so one would think that you could replace one without replacing the other.
    02-13-12 11:19 PM
    In most devices I have seen, the digitizer is separate but sometimes glued to a metal frame around the LCD so you will have to pry it off, apply glue and put the new digitizer on.
    02-13-12 11:24 PM
    If you buy a new LCD, does it come with the digitizer installed? If so I would just get the whole thing. Removing the old one and properly aligning the new one sounds like a good recepie for ghetto.
    02-14-12 12:14 AM
    yes you can replace the digitizer without replacing the lcd screen.
    to be sure just double check to be sure you bought the right one.
    02-14-12 01:48 AM
    I totally recommend buying them as a single piece. Less chance for a mistake, less chance of dust getting between the display, and less chance for finger prints on the other side of the glass. I've color converted the Torch 9800, Bold 9930 and iPhone 3GS.
    02-14-12 12:45 PM
    ^ that is something to take care of carefuly, the dust and fingerprints are hard to manage.
    especially dust, one dust between the digitizer and the lcd screen is a troll and is a real turn off.
    it is manageble but you would need to have your eyes put on it and double check it carefuly.
    though it still can happen when you are carefuly enough.
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    02-14-12 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD