Since it is a fairly new device, are we able to get unlock codes for it now?

My Carrier (Etisalat) in Dubai, U.A.E. is releasing the phone on the 18th of August exclusively before any shops. They will offer you the unlock code only after 1 month if you wish but can one unlock it straight away online?

Anyone who deals with BB unlocking knows what would be the price for unlocking this phone?

I hope there is an easy way to get rid of the carrier logo like with a nickel dime such as the guides that are available online for the Torch. I am scared of scratching it. Though, is it fairly easy and won't scratch the device?
    08-14-11 02:32 AM
    There's guys floating around Crackberry that say they can do it now. Go for it.
    08-14-11 02:40 AM
    Wish one of them would reply with how much it would cost.

BTW, Does anyone know that if this trick with the copper coin would work on the 9900 safely?

08-14-11 02:44 AM

My Carrier (Etisalat) in Dubai, U.A.E. is releasing the phone on the 18th of August exclusively before any shops. They will offer you the unlock code only after 1 month if you wish but can one unlock it straight away online?

Anyone who deals with BB unlocking knows what would be the price for unlocking this phone?

I hope there is an easy way to get rid of the carrier logo like with a nickel dime such as the guides that are available online for the Torch. I am scared of scratching it. Though, is it fairly easy and won't scratch the device?
    I did a quick google search and paid 10 bucks for an unlock code I had instantly. 5 minutes out of the store I had purchased the unlock code, unlocked the device, and was running it on a different carrier..... This is why having a playbook is also awesome hahahha.

As for the logo, check cellphoneshop.net in a week or so. I'd expect them to get some blank panels etc in stock

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 02:54 AM
    I did a quick google search and paid 10 bucks for an unlock code I had instantly. 5 minutes out of the store I had purchased the unlock code, unlocked the device, and was running it on a different carrier..... This is why having a playbook is also awesome hahahha.

As for the logo, check cellphoneshop.net in a week or so. I'd expect them to get some blank panels etc in stock

What's the site that you used?
    08-14-11 02:55 AM
    08-14-11 03:05 AM
    i got mine from instantblackberryunlockcode.com
    08-14-11 03:23 AM
    08-14-11 03:26 AM
    Wish one of them would reply with how much it would cost.

BTW, Does anyone know that if this trick with the copper coin would work on the 9900 safely?

Remember when Armor All would remove the white paint off your car radio buttons/face? Try using armor all. I know for a fact that Easy Off oven cleaner will work, but it may also strip the black paint off as well lol
    08-14-11 03:27 AM
    One of the other members here (DeRusset from memory) mentioned nail polish remover. Worth a try. Soon you'll be able to buy a new panel for it anyway.
    08-14-11 03:50 AM
    One of the other members here (DeRusset from memory) mentioned nail polish remover. Worth a try. Soon you'll be able to buy a new panel for it anyway.
    New panel, not here in Dubai, They don't even sell a panel for the 9780 / 9700, you'd have to change the whole body of the phone just to get that small panel.

But anyway, about that nail polish remover, don't you think it would leave white marks on the phone? or is it safe?
    08-14-11 04:03 AM
    I used FreeMyBlackBerry.com. It was quick and free of charge
    Siiid likes this.
    08-14-11 04:11 AM
    I used FreeMyBlackBerry.com. It was quick and free of charge
    Thanks a lot!! I never knew there were free options!
    08-14-11 04:20 AM

Hey,
    I'm planning to get one from Etisalat too. Have you pre-ordered yours already?

Cheers
    08-14-11 05:36 AM
    Hey,
    I'm planning to get one from Etisalat too. Have you pre-ordered yours already?

Cheers
    I haven't because on the site, it says you have to pay now, and wait for 7 days after the release date to get it.

But Jacky's Electronics in Mall of the Emirates informed me that they will also get the Etisalat version on the 18th (Which is locked to Etisalat) so I am gonna take a chance and wait till the 18th and go there myself.

Jacky's sales rep said that Etisalat will only give you the unlock code after one month so this is why I asked here if we can unlock it right away and it seems fairly easy and cheap to do so.

The price will be AED 2599 / USD 707
    08-14-11 05:44 AM
    I haven't because on the site, it says you have to pay now, and wait for 7 days after the release date to get it.

But Jacky's Electronics in Mall of the Emirates informed me that they will also get the Etisalat version on the 18th (Which is locked to Etisalat) so I am gonna take a chance and wait till the 18th and go there myself.

Jacky's sales rep said that Etisalat will only give you the unlock code after one month so this is why I asked here if we can unlock it right away and it seems fairly easy and cheap to do so.

The price will be AED 2599 / USD 707
    Well 18th isn't too far away now. So it won't harm to make the payment and wait for that day ONLY if Etisalat guarantees the availability of the phone. Knowing their past history, then tend to keep their customers in the dark.

Here's my deal, ordered on eBay from this UK retailer Kick Mobiles for $800. Fully unlocked and unbranded. Now they have promised to ship the phone come August 16th but that can always change according to them. And according to some sources here on this forum, it seems that all major retailers in the UK have postponed the availability to August 25th, including Amazon UK.
    So I'm left confused...

I'm gonna wait till the 16th, if KickMobiles doesn't deliver then I'm gonna cancel the order and buy it off Etisalat. The only problem is that my BB Sim if from Du. So I will definitely need to unlock the phone....

PM me your twitter handle so we can follow up with each other since we both live in Dubai.

Cheers...
    08-14-11 05:54 AM
    My Carrier (Etisalat) in Dubai, U.A.E.
    I thought your carrier was du...

If it is Etisalat, then why do you want the phone unlocked?

08-14-11 05:57 AM
    Here is one from eBay - the pic shows Rogers, but read the description, as you can unlock any carrier.

Not bad for under a buck.

Unlock Code For Rogers Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch | eBay
    08-14-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD