Is there any way to mute the camera shutter on the 9930?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 07:10 PM
    Sadly, there is no easy way of doing it. I think there is a work-around, but it seemed complicated.

There was a thread about this a while ago and it is annoying that there is no way to mute the camera shutter. Especially as a student, when I'm trying to take pics of lecture notes on the board during class.
    02-11-12 07:13 PM
    yeah there were several threads about it, there was also an camera muta application,
    by toysoft88 if i was right, and there was a app silent shoot nux that would vibrate instead of making the shutter sound.
    i have it lol and it only vibrates, but you can't acces the native camera through it.
    you need to use the application to make the photos without the shutter sound.
    02-11-12 07:17 PM
    Oh that sucks cos that would be useful for me for in class aswell, but ill give the, apps a go cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I should searched the forums first. Maybe a I will search for an app as suggested.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 07:22 PM
    Lots of apps that promise that can no longer do it.

QuickLaunch lost the capability to mute the shutter with OS7, and was one of the apps that people were all pointing others to mute their shutter.

In my experience, the only way to mute the shutter is to make a phone call (preferably to your v-mail) and take the picture then; the shutter will click through the handset and not the speaker. I haven't tried this method, but apparently it's not as complex as it sounds and the shutter is barely audible.
    02-11-12 07:25 PM
    BlackBerry Apps Part 1 (Various Models) (download torrent) - TPB)

its a torrent containing quite a few cool apps but the one you are looking for in berry annoying.
    02-11-12 08:30 PM
    Maybe there's a way to switch out the shutter sound w/ a null sound file. Kinda like what I do for people I always want to go to voicemail.
    02-11-12 08:54 PM
    Hey, we've almost made it 10 whole posts without some saying it's illegal!
    02-11-12 08:57 PM
    Unfortunately we didn't make it 10 posts without a screenshot app being suggested as a camera mute app. It's not a camera mute app. It's a screenshot app, and you can't take any pics greater than screen resolution.
    02-11-12 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD