09-10-11 10:24 AM
39 12
tools
    I'm starting to take offence to some of the comments\posts on this thread [and a few others, too]. Not sure who some of them are directed at, but, I've been on this forum from the START, literally [ask Kevin], and I post for two reason:

1. to get an answer\opinion on something
    2. to open conversations for others who are curious, or simply want to discuss the joy of their device with others.

I don't think I complain and whine, I think I have\give constructive conversation. If you don't like the topic of conversation, take a hike. Plain and simple...
    09-09-11 07:37 PM
    With all due respect Navi, you did start a thread on a subject that's been done to death already.

Since this phone first released almost a month ago, all we've heard is negativity about the camera, and it's getting a tad tiresome now.

It's not you people are taking offence at... it's the subject.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 07:46 PM
    Phill_UK, point taken. Albeit, I had no negativity in my opening post, or even after that...

Anyway, I get it...
    09-09-11 07:48 PM
    Here is the edited photo of the same one.

Mt Rainier (EDITED) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    09-09-11 07:57 PM
    I've been to MT Baker, but my next stop is MT Rainier...

Anyway, back on the farm...

Here is the edited photo of the same one.

Mt Rainier (EDITED) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    09-09-11 07:59 PM
    Useless? What? What world are you in? People need to remember, this is not an SLR! You want an iPhone, GO GET IT. Only the ill-informed buy a phone thinking it will have SLR quality images. I take pictures for a living, and love this camera! Although it has limitations, as does EVERY camera phone, it isn't an SLR! Without the autofocus, it takes photos quicker. Go play with a torch at an AT&T (Satan's Shop) and compare the two. You want an iPhone, go get one, and remember there's forums for you too! Apple droids love their devices, I was one for 6 months. Go get an entry level basic, easy to use iPhone. Let Jobs and cronies tell you what your phone should be like.
    Chill out. The dude obviously has a 9900, and I remember seeing before he had an iPhone 4, meaning he switched over; don't accuse him of being an "Apple droid," because he merely mentioned an iPhone. It also says he's a retired moderator meaning he was probably here way before you, so you probably shouldn't tell him to leave the forums. Now I don't know if you were responding directly to the OP, but if you were, and I'm assuming you are, he never said the word "useless."

Just because people use an Apple product does not mean they are all lemmings. Get over your stupid stereotypes.
    Last edited by dalton4L; 09-09-11 at 08:09 PM.
    09-09-11 08:05 PM
    Chill out. The dude obviously has a 9900, and I remember seeing before he had an iPhone 4, meaning he switched over; don't accuse him of being an "Apple droid," because he merely mentioned an iPhone. It also says he's a retired moderator meaning he was probably here way before you, so you probably shouldn't tell him to leave the forums. Now I don't know if you were responding directly to the OP, but if you were, and I'm assuming you are, he never said the word "useless."

Just because people use an Apple product does not mean they are all lemmings. Get over your stupid stereotypes.
    Actually I didn't accuse him of anything. It was the post before mine. I was going to tell you to read the posts, but it dawned on me that you can delete anything you post. That post is gone. The post before mine said "The camera is useless".

And no. not responding directly to the OP.
    09-09-11 08:57 PM
    You will enjoy Mt Rainier. Lots to do!!
    09-09-11 08:59 PM
    ...bottom line is, we all simply have to learn to take better photos with our devices [Android, BlackBerry, or iOS], and have better lighting.

I need to make more use of my Nikon d5000
    09-09-11 09:01 PM
    09-09-11 10:21 PM
    ...lighting really does help.
    09-09-11 10:21 PM
    I take decent close ups. Move a few meters back and use ZOOM. Don't stay CLOSE to what you're taking a picture of.
    09-09-11 10:37 PM
    seems like a waste of 3mp to me!
    takes 2mp shots
    09-10-11 02:24 AM
    It's a phone with a camera. Like Chase Jarvis said "Your best camera is the one on you.

Besides, the camera has to be good, because I have an offer on my Mt Rainier shot. So it is a good camera.

On a side note: since I shoot professional, I will offer a tip:
    use your polarized sunglasses, and place them in front of the Bold, turn them to your liking, wait a sec, compose, and take the shot. Works best for landscapes! Saturates the colors more. Better yet, use inexpensive small filters for better images.
    Last edited by josh3326; 09-10-11 at 10:30 AM.
    09-10-11 10:24 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD