This is a question to all those fellow members who purchased from the aforementioned stores in the title.

I would like to know if you had any build issues that have been mentioned in the forums, as I'm leaving the country in a weeks time so won't have time to exchange (resending the phone, wait for new one or refund etc etc). So atm I'm trying to decide which store will most likely send me a 9900 without any QC issues. So far I'm leaning towards amazon as they have the lowest price as well as being the most reputable. Thanks for nay info guys!
    09-01-11 06:37 AM
    had a number of units so far from amazon play handtec & mobilefun. 1 had yellow tint display. 1 had perfect 'clicky' 4 main keys but also had a rubbish trackpad. couple of units good trackpads and screens but with 'mushy' keys. all made in hungary 2. really is pot luck what your build quality will be

good luck!
    Last edited by alpha beta gaga; 09-01-11 at 07:10 AM.
    09-01-11 07:07 AM
    I picked up my 9900 last week from cpw...build issue seems to be fine. hungary 2 is what mine is.

I have a yellow-ish tint on my lcd but to be honest, it doesnt really bother me...my trackpad for some odd reason looks a bit crooked though but again am not sure if its meant to be like that or if its my eyes deceiving me

All in all im very happy with it but i might pop into the local cpw and see if i can compare it to another 9900.
    09-01-11 07:19 AM
    i bought my 9900 from handtec, hungary 2 with .296 out of the box. ordered saturday, thurstday arrived (in germany), no faulty and everything works fine.
    09-01-11 07:28 AM
    Got mine from Handtec around 10 days ago. Made in Hungary 2. All buttons clicky, trackpad fine, screen fine. No problems whatsoever.
    09-01-11 07:30 AM
    i bought my 9900 from handtec, hungary 2 with .296 out of the box. ordered saturday, thurstday arrived (in germany), no faulty and everything works fine.
    Same for me, to Australia.
    09-01-11 07:30 AM
    ...me too, 9900 from Handtec, Hungary2, the build's fine and I'm still using the same original OS and have had no problems with it at all, even the battery life has been good, running all day with moderate use, switched off overnight and then on again the next morning for a few hours before needing a charge. Unfortunately as other folks have mentioned, it does seem to be pot luck whether or not you get a 'perfect' model which, when you think about it, is pretty shoddy for something so pricey and supposedly 'top of the line'.
    But to return to the point, no problems w/ Handtec regarding the 9900 and other items I've previously bought from them.
    09-01-11 08:04 AM
    Thanks for all the replies guys, think I'm going to go with amazon since it seems to be pot luck so might as well go with the lowest price!
    09-04-11 05:28 AM
    finally after going through six 9900 from various retailers, I have my perfect unit

perfect white screen
    perfect purplish glow across all keyboard keys, trackpad + 4 main keys
    perfect 'clicky' keys with no 'mushy' nonsense
    perfect responsive trackpad
    perfect screen to key alignment

purchased from play.com �509 (+�20 cashback). made in Hungary 2. production date 09/08/2011

09-06-11 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD