Hey Everyone,
    I looked a little in the other thread but it seems no one talk about using wifi or 3g to make phone calls with OS7 / 9900 .

I was wondering if any of you tried an application that allow me to send (and maybe recieve) "real" phone call using wifi / 3g. I don't mind paying monthly fee or a "per minute" fee. Just i would like to know if it is possible and what application i can use!

Thanks

Bonus questions: Will it work with the 9810 and 9850/60
    09-14-11 11:25 AM
    As far as I know, WiFi calling isnt enabled on OS7 phones. But I could be wrong, Im not up to date on making calls with WiFi as I dont use it. And making calls on 3G is what the 9900 will do for sure.... I dont really see what you mean by that. Of course it makes calls on 3G.... Hope I helped!
    09-14-11 01:57 PM
    i meant using data. this is a deal breaker to me. i need a phone that can make wifi call (even with a paid app) or use data plan (instaed of my minutes or costly intl calls)
    09-14-11 04:55 PM
    Just did a bit of research on WiFi calling with different carriers. You will most likely have to add a monthly add on to use WiFi for making calls. Ill use Fido as an example as I have this page open currently...

WiFi Calling...

Heres Rogers:

Rogers WiFi Calling...

Looks like the Canadian carriers do not offer International WiFi calling so it really doesnt matter if you buy a phone that has UMA WiFi calling, your not going to be able to use it for international use.... sorry...

And yes I realize your with Telus, but I cant find anything from Telus about WiFi calling.... so most likely they dont offer it.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-14-11 at 06:01 PM.
    09-14-11 05:55 PM
    so i understand this issue is more based on carier specific....
    ok then what about skype calls?
    09-14-11 09:38 PM
    Skype is only for Verizon and some UK carrier. They have some sort of contract.

Wouldn't be of much use anyway though. It will only do international calls when you're IN your home country. It doesn't work when you're out of it.
    09-14-11 10:17 PM
    I use VenCall, get if from appworld. Wifi only though....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 02:10 AM
    So basically no Skype for this new smartphone
    09-15-11 11:35 AM
    So basically no Skype for this new smartphone
    You could use Im+ Talk useing the call back function... but you would need skype minutes or a skype subscription (Unlimited) which cost 5 USD per month i belive for North America.
    Im not sure but if you use skype minutes in call back mode i think you use double the minutes ... so i would recommand a monthly subscription.

there is a trial for Im+ talk and also work over Wifi and 3G
    09-15-11 12:02 PM
    I used Mo-call or Tringme

I use them both as callback. I have unlimited incoming min so i make the call it hangs up without making the call then calls me back from that and calls the person i want with my caller id. It cost about $0.01 per min to North America

Tring me also has a wifi calling but i haven't used it. Give it a try they both give u free $ to try
    09-15-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD