When I am on a call and another person calls with call waiting, the call I am on is interrupted and the person I am speaking with says they ant here me when call waiting signal is flashing. Usually, call waiting is only a signal for me, and doesn't create an audible interruption which interperes with the call with the listening party...not sure what's wrong.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    12-11-11 03:24 PM
    Isn't anyone else experiencing a problem here?
    12-12-11 09:35 AM
    Good luck, pal. I can't even answer my call waiting, let alone, get an answer on here.
    12-12-11 11:19 PM
    With any phone I've used, landline or cell phone, I can tell when the person I'm talking to is getting another call because they will cut-out for just a half second with each ring they don't answer or ignore the second call. Is that what you are referring to? Because if it is, that's how its always been. Or do you mean the person you are talking to can no longer hear you at all once you get a second call and so then you have to call them back?
    12-12-11 11:38 PM
    Does this thread happen to relate to any of these symtons? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-mode-393780/

If it does, when making a call, you'll have to keep trying to get it working properly again. It's a bothersome issue if it is happening. If not and it's the call waiting thing, then I don't know how to describe it. I haven't had that issue yet and hope I don't ever.
    12-13-11 08:27 AM
    With any phone I've used, landline or cell phone, I can tell when the person I'm talking to is getting another call because they will cut-out for just a half second with each ring they don't answer or ignore the second call. Is that what you are referring to? Because if it is, that's how its always been. Or do you mean the person you are talking to can no longer hear you at all once you get a second call and so then you have to call them back?
    It's not that the other person cuts out, it's that I cut out (mute) while talking ot the other person when the incoming second call is "beeping." that's not how it works on a landline or with previous Blackberries. In those cases, I hear the beeps in connection with the incoming second caller, which overrides the original prson for a half second or so while the beep occurs, but the original caller can hear me talking. I've had people hang up on me during call waiting bcause they think I have left the line.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 01-11-12 at 06:25 AM.
    01-11-12 06:23 AM
    I have had the Bold for the past year. When I am on a call and I receive a second call, I am muted each time the ring for the second call occurs. I cannot tell the caller I am talking to that I have a second call and to hold on. I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me because of the interruption. This did not start until a few months ago.
    08-02-12 10:20 AM
    I have had the Bold for the past year. When I am on a call and I receive a second call, I am muted each time the ring for the second call occurs. I cannot tell the caller I am talking to that I have a second call and to hold on. I can hear the caller but they cannot hear me because of the interruption. This did not start until a few months ago.
    It's very frustrating. And, nobody at AT+T even acknowledges that this is a problem or has a remedy. It occurs primarily when I am on speakerphone, which is most of the time, because callers also say they can't hear me well. And you're right, when this occurs, which is with every call waiting, you don't even have the oppty to tell callers to hold on and wait for the call waiting to end. So, they often just get frustrated and hang uo.
    08-02-12 11:07 AM
    I did not have this problem, initially. It must have happened with an update, I am guessing. I hate to turn call waiting off because I use it for business. It may be better to turn call waiting off, just to eliminate the aggravation to all involved. I have tried to tell the caller to hold on while I take the other call but it is almost impossible because the rings cut my voice out. The funny things is I can hear them with little interruption.
    08-02-12 12:19 PM
    I am on AT&T. Maybe it is specific to AT&T?
    08-03-12 01:20 PM
    I am on AT&T. Maybe it is specific to AT&T?
    yea everyone with mic issues is on at&t..
    08-03-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD