I am deciding to go back to the BB 9900 for the basic fact that navigation in it is a pure charm.
    I have a current z30 and to be honest i dislike it and find myself stuck with it. money spent. what can i do.

furthermore there is another reason i want the 9900 which i hope you guys will help me answer.

i want a working call recording system that really works.
    on the z30 because of the OS 10 system recording phone calls is garbage. the other sides voice is just very low and hard to pick up.

is this problem the same on the 9900 being that it has a different OS version?

please help ...
    08-03-14 03:33 PM
    I don't think there are any call recorder apps for OS7
    Parrot? Oh wait, you need BB10 for that.
    08-06-14 10:49 PM
    are you trying to be funny?
    there are a few in the market. all of which are ad based. os 7 is horrible with freeware programs all ad driven.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 04:42 AM
    If the problem that youre experiencing is a lot of background noise on your side of the recording, thats probably an unfortunate byproduct of the simple microphones that come with most mobile devices today. Ive been dealing with this for years, and the only real solution is to use a good conventional corded headset. The best ones are the older noise-cancelling Plantronics headsets with two ports. Theyre easy to spot because if you look behind the microphone you should see at least one little hole in the back of the boom. The technology is actually very simple and very effective. Note that Bluetooth headsets will probably make the problem worse, since very few of them are truly noise-cancelling.

But note that Blackberry devices are notorious for being flaky with some of the best corded headsets. My devices were making me crazy with generating echo back to the other calling party (fun on conference calls) when you use an external mute switch, and a cheap little earbud thing with a mute switch just silently kicked me back to the handset when I tried to use it.

As for the volume issue, thats been a challenge for programmers ever since recording programs were produced for mobile devices. If you can set the program to record the inbound and outbound streams on different channels, you could correct it for playback. HTC faked it on the Touch Pro II by merely boosting the inbound stream and mixing the two together with a little distortion. You could hear it, but the clarity was sometimes lacking.

BTW, which program was this, and were you running it on a z30?
    08-07-14 04:03 PM