I purchased the new 9930 from Verizon 10 days ago and everyone I talked to said the call quality was terrible. Sounded like I was in a tunnel, an echo or very tinny. I returned it yesterday and they gave me a new phone. Everyone I talked to today said it sounds exactly the same. Anyone else have this problem? Better yet, anyone have any solutions??
    lifeguard11 likes this.
    09-14-11 09:40 PM
    I have heard that the voice quality was inferior to previous Blackberrys. I have not yet heard that it was "terrible." I think the only thing to do is hope that RIM is able to improve it via software updates and the method they use doesn't require more processing that will hurt battery life.
    09-14-11 09:56 PM
    The nearest issue I have run into is a sudden low volume ring when dialing out calls, both in Handset and Speakerphone mode. This has been an intermittent BlackBerry OS bug I've noticed over maybe 3 different bb's I've had. It's rare but doesn't translate into a problem during the phone call itself.

But that is very strange...
    dreidenberg likes this.
    09-14-11 09:58 PM
    Ok here you go, that's a strange story and you'll probably think i'm a lunatic. I tend to put the phone between my shoulder and my ear when both my hands are typing or fixing something and i am talkin on the phone. I actually realized from my receivers at the end of the line that whenever i have that on my left shoulder my voice becomes scrambled and somewhat machine-like and i start hearing them say "hello, what happened to your voice i can barely hear you". MIND you, it only happens when its on my left shoulder. When its on my right side, they can still hear me clearly. I have tested that position many times and had the same outcome! and i have no pacemaker or any metallic objects in my body. Weird no ??!!
    lifeguard11 and dreidenberg like this.
    09-14-11 10:28 PM
    I'm on vzw too and people have complained about the same thing. I'm always using bluetooth and I use a few different noise cancelling bluetooth devices. So far nothing helps. Hope they fix this soon...I'm not used to paying for vzw and gettting ****ty call quality complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lifeguard11 and dreidenberg like this.
    09-14-11 11:31 PM
    I've ALWAYS had EXCELLENT voice quality in and out on Verizon with my Blackberries dating back several years. My Pearl, Storm1 and Storm 2 and now my Bold 9930 are EXCELLENT! It's not the phone or Verizon network. Have your friends check their phones!
    dreidenberg likes this.
    09-15-11 08:06 AM
    I would return the device because has excellent call quality and is crystal clear. Unless you are in a bad cell area I would definitely return your device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    dreidenberg likes this.
    09-15-11 08:09 AM
    I'm on vzw too and people have complained about the same thing. I'm always using bluetooth and I use a few different noise cancelling bluetooth devices. So far nothing helps. Hope they fix this soon...I'm not used to paying for vzw and gettting ****ty call quality complaints.

This is a problem on some of the devices & obviously HW related. This stretches across the line to some 9900's as well.
    dreidenberg likes this.
    09-15-11 08:28 AM
    Ok here you go, that's a strange story and you'll probably think i'm a lunatic. I tend to put the phone between my shoulder and my ear when both my hands are typing or fixing something and i am talkin on the phone. I actually realized from my receivers at the end of the line that whenever i have that on my left shoulder my voice becomes scrambled and somewhat machine-like and i start hearing them say "hello, what happened to your voice i can barely hear you". MIND you, it only happens when its on my left shoulder. When its on my right side, they can still hear me clearly. I have tested that position many times and had the same outcome! and i have no pacemaker or any metallic objects in my body. Weird no ??!!
    my gf and i have the same issue...i scream at her when she puts her phone on her shoulder bc thats when it sounds like a tunnel. there is also a lot of "wind" i've experienced even if lying in bed or sitting in a quiet room...i hope they fix this issue because i never had something like this on my 12 other blackberries
    DannyJK likes this.
    09-15-11 10:06 AM
    I purchased the new 9930 from Verizon 10 days ago and everyone I talked to said the call quality was terrible. Sounded like I was in a tunnel, an echo or very tinny. I returned it yesterday and they gave me a new phone. Everyone I talked to today said it sounds exactly the same. Anyone else have this problem? Better yet, anyone have any solutions??
    My 9930 call quality is very good, Please make sure that you have any enhanced sounds turned off like treble or bass. Make sure you have a volum on speaker and phone that you can live with and I think after awhile you will see that is not really that bad. If of course you feel it is I would let a few of thestore people listen to it to find out what they think, it is not unheard of to get several bad phones.
    09-15-11 10:33 AM
    This is a problem on some of the devices & obviously HW related. This stretches across the line to some 9900's as well.
    Hardware related....smh un-effin-real...well, back it goes for another

09-15-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD