Hey guys I was wondering if any of you are getting complaints about voice quality on your 9930s. When I have to use both hands and put my in the crook of my shoulder and head I am told that it sounds like it is very muffled. The speaker on the back isn’t being covered by anything neither. Also if you move the phone in a different position other than straight on if will also have issues with sound quality.
    So the other day took it to the local corporate Verizon store and they did some testing and ended up replacing my phone with another new one. Well same dang thing is happening with the new one. So when I had first thought that it might have been just a glitch with my phone maybe it is the position of the speaker/mic. What do you guys think? Anyone have this happen.
    Just seems pretty stupid to put the speaker/mic on the back side of the phone. Besides that the phone is a great device.
    09-03-11 01:19 PM
    oh ya, if i put the phone between my shoulder and my ear no one can ever hear me. also my 9900 has a voice echo all the time where the person im talking to either hears themselves echo or me! swapping devices again today because of this issue.
    09-03-11 03:17 PM
    I never had the echo, but. I do have to say the mic issues really suck. Please let me know how your replacement works for you.
    09-03-11 10:39 PM
    I got complaints that I sounded muffled when talking when I first got my phone. Found out that the band style case from T-Mobile covered the mic on the phone.... Since making a small cut out for it, I've gotten no complaints.

It is kind of a small bugger and hard to see, but if you look at the lower right on the front of the phone you'll see it where the plastic carrier branded piece meets the metal trim. There's a tiny little cutout there, and that's the microphone. Sometimes it helps to know where it is if you're covering it with your cheek, finger, case, etc.
    09-03-11 10:55 PM
    I have people tell me ALLLL the time that they can hear their voice echoing. I also get it ALLL the time where people tell me I sound muffled or way off in the distance and sometimes that they just straight up couldn't hear me. It's a real **** off. Fortunately, I'm getting a replacement. I pray that this new phone works flawlessly. If I get more complaints about me being muffled or them echoing I'm gunna smash this thing and that won't do anyone any good. Least of all - me. It's that frustrated on my end.
    09-03-11 11:32 PM
    I didn't know that Hatax I will keep ane eye out and make sure I'm not covering it. Im pretty sure I'm not but I will make sure. I had wondered why the **** they would put the speaker on the back. I will let you know if it helps. Never got the echo standard just wish it was better as a phone.
    Last edited by robby001; 09-04-11 at 12:59 PM.
    09-04-11 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD