When the lighting is low and all the keys light up, trackpad etc, everything lights up except for the bb menu key and the call button. Anyone else having this issue? Is it normal? I can live with it because the rest of the phone is perfect, dont want to risk exchanging for something that has other issues. Thanks.
    08-18-11 03:33 PM
    I don't think it is normai. My 9900 has all th light up and running. This is my third 9900 after getting two defective units. So, you may also have a defective unit and I would simple retuen it and get a new one.

Also, I have a question for you. When you type on the keyboard, do you hear metal hitting each other type of sounds on some keys? I do on my third unit. If this is an issue, I think I will end up with a keyboard based andorid and give middle finger to RIM all together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 03:40 PM
    It seems to be simply a cosmetic problem at the moment, hate to return it only to have different issues. Was curious if others out there have the same issue.

08-18-11 03:52 PM
    So a battery pulled fixed this issue. Weird.

08-18-11 04:09 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm with Telus and the Bold 9900 is made in Mexico 4. I tried a battery pull and leaving it out for 15 minutes with no luck. Is this a manufacturing flaw? Or is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks, Nik
    09-19-11 09:02 AM
    No - you should return it asap as it is very unlikely to be a software issue.
    09-20-11 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD