I hear you I'm going to buy the Note 4 soon but since my Curve is aging I'll also buy a bb 9900 its just the best phone BB ever made.

The size, built quality, features and productivity is unmatched. Bb 10 simply is too complicated for me

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Android is significantly more complicated then Android so it seems kinda dumb to get a Note 4 over a Z30.

Posted with my Dev Alpha C (Q10)
    10-27-14 01:12 PM
    Android is significantly more complicated then Android so it seems kinda dumb to get a Note 4 over a Z30.

Posted with my Dev Alpha C (Q10)
    For me that's simply not the case, The s Pen can act like a track pad and button design is easier than gestures based ones. Also the note offers me a ton of customization options.
    10-27-14 03:03 PM
    Also, while I hate to say this, the specs on the Note are just plain awesome (especially when compared to the Z30, which is beginning to show its age).

Given a choice, I'd take the Passport over the Note, but if the Passport wasn't available, I'd certainly consider the Note. I've had several Samsung phones, and they've been great. Android is not a bad OS and once I've rooted/flashed the system, I can get it to do what I want.

Choice is good.
    Carrtman likes this.
    10-27-14 06:08 PM
    I had a note 1 and 2 and they always have industry leading specs. On paper they seem amazing but in real day to day use they are laggy. Samsung's touchwiz overlay while having a good amount of extra features slows down. It should not happen on a phone with those kind of specs.

I rooted the note 2 and ran cyanognemod and AOKP which made the device fly. But got rid of all of the features that made the size worth it.

Just my experience though each person may feel a different way.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:22 PM
    For me that's simply not the case, The s Pen can act like a track pad and button design is easier than gestures based ones. Also the note offers me a ton of customization options.
    Button design is easier than gesture based ones? Lol I bet u haven't tried BB10, not even for an hour!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:56 PM
    I tried one more time with a Bold last month. Missed the form and function. Even tho I love my Z10, I picked up a couple used ones on EBay, kept the pick of the litter and sold the others back on it again. There is a regular market of them coming and going it seems. Ended up with the newest of the bunch (very new, little used) having defective circuitry and needed to return it after all. Pain in the neck....and the process of trying to get ATT helping me with this OS7 device was not encouraging at all. Even tho it ended up beyond tech support fixes, their lack of familiarity and my uneasiness talking with techs reading their scripts just brought me to the end of line with it. The uncertainty of carrier support balanced against what I was giving up from BB10 just wasn't worth it. Times are changing...I've given up on carriers and their lack of BlackBerry interest with the older devices and going to try to keep my distance too from a carrier specific device and heading to BYOD. Too bad...loved that Bold model!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:23 AM
    I ....and the process of trying to get ATT helping me with this OS7 device was not encouraging at all. Even tho it ended up beyond tech support fixes, their lack of familiarity and my uneasiness talking with techs reading their scripts just brought me to the end of line with it. The uncertainty of carrier support balanced against what I was giving up from BB10 just wasn't worth it. Times are changing...I've given up on carriers and their lack of BlackBerry interest with the older devices and going to try to keep my distance too from a carrier specific device and heading to BYOD. Too bad...loved that Bold model!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, carrier support for legacy BlackBerry devices is a bit of a crapshoot. Those that claim to support BIS are not equipped to do so.
    11-13-14 07:54 PM
    Strangely enough, AT&T seems to have it taken care of. I had no issues getting BIS set up, and it didn't cost me any more than I was already paying.
    11-13-14 09:02 PM
    Careful with the Sim adapter - many people have damaged their phones with them.

You can position the smaller Sim on the pins and it works without the adapter.
    I ruined my 9900 by using a SIM adapter.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:43 PM
    I have noticed posts about using a micro sim into a standard slot on the BB9900. Here is what I did and it really is simple.
    First I bought the sim cutter( standard to micro) on Amazon which was really cheap. Next, I took a standard sim (old non used one) and put that sim into the cutter and cut the sim. Now there was a slot for the micro sim to fit into. But, that is not good enough because the front part of the cut out sim card(the part that fits into the BB9900 slot) would jam up when I tried to remove the sim. So, I just cut (using scissors) that leading front edge. Now I just insert the micro sim first, then I insert the modified cut sim into it. This locks the micro sim into place under the holder. Of course you must slightly file or sand the edges down on the "converter sim" so it installs around the micro sim easily. This works like a charm and pulling out the sim is a piece of cake as the "converter's leading edge" is no longer there to jam up underneath.
    11-23-14 05:22 AM
    Ironically, the BlackBerry Bold 9900's processor is a single core Snapdragon clocked at 1.2 GHz, the Q10's is a dual core at 1.5 GHz, which is slightly faster. It's not slow. Lol

This beast bold is lean and mean due to me clearing out databases with the desktop software every few months.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-23-14 06:19 AM
    If I could have gotten the 9900 for the same price (or slightly more) I would have preferred it over the Q10.

I just could pass up the incredible deal on an unlocked white Q10 ($199)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:39 PM
    It's so amazing bought myself one - after the curve is done.. - today and still think it's the best phone bb had ever made.

Bb9900 + Nokia 9360 + Note 4 in. 2 weeks in a happy camper for a long time in terms of phones now.
    11-27-14 03:41 AM
    Q10 is the best BlackBerry to date. 9900 is dog slow. Non lte. Requires bis which is a complete pain in arse to get added on as the reps know little about it. Plus if you have an unlimited plan risk of losing it with the bis plan since w the q10 it uses the same data plan as with the iphone, android etc as is the case with my us carrier.

It was nice while it lasted. Classic is a complete compromise. Rushed by BlackBerry. Passport is a knee jerk reaction to bringing something unique to share for the sake of just being diff. Had them both. Returned them both. Q10 and i6 stay.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:52 AM
    i'm back on a Bold 9900 after using a Q10, Passport, and Classic. Sent the Classic back to Digital River since there was light coming through between the screen and tool belt. Passport was too big for what i do and putting it in and out of my pocket all day.

Really like being back on the Bold 9900 and missed a lot of BBOS 7.1. I feel like they have a great OS in 7.1 and would like to see BB OS 8 come out with performance enhancements of BB10 as much as possible. i was surprised at how much i still like the Bold 9900 and dont miss BB10 too much.

Plan on getting a Classic when AT&T releases it but I'll be keeping my Bold for a back up!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    fkornre likes this.
    01-24-15 10:27 AM
    I agree, Bold is slow. Q10 died on me. Used old Bold for a few days until I picked up Z10. I'm glad that's it's still reliable, but BBM on it, plus browsing is brutal. The keyboard on it is better than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:41 AM
    I agree, Bold is slow. Q10 died on me. Used old Bold for a few days until I picked up Z10. I'm glad that's it's still reliable, but BBM on it, plus browsing is brutal. The keyboard on it is better than the Q10.Posted via CB10
    You know you can reload the software on the BlackBerry Q10 via BlackBerry Link right? It just doesn't 'die' unless you physically damage it irresponsibly or drop it in water without thinking of ripping the battery out and letting it sit in rice for a full week, flipping it over once or twice.
    01-24-15 06:00 PM
    I've tried everything to reset battery life, including a new battery, and numerous times I've trying resetting everything including using link.

No water damage. Haven't dropped it in months.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:55 PM
43 12