Hello all - I've search high and low on this. My question is based on the following way I use my 9930:

- I only use native phone Calendar (No cloud calendar,google,etc - I simply sync with 3rd party product to my mac now and then)
    - My email accounts are all personal on my phone (no corporate BES exchng, just BIS) basically a couple personal yahoo email accts

Something happened that I want to avoid in the future (i.e. a setting to change in 9930 hopefully?)

...I received an email from someone, I opened it up, saw the email was offering a schedualed group conf call, I did nothing but read it and closed the email. I then went to my phone's native calendar to enter the day,time and info and there it was already embedded into my calendar. Me no likey that. I don't want this to happen and would like to know if my Bold 9930 has a setting that disables this? Yes you read correctly, that wonderful feature that handles that automatically is the bain of my existance.

I am quite familiar with accepting/denying appointments on microsoft exch servers be it laptop or cell, I get that, 26 yrs as a corp medical sales drone, but in those situations I would be on their BES server which or course is not the case here. No work phone, no work email, no work - now just a guy with a cell.

Their are two reasons that I don't want appointment/invites that are emailed to me to invade my phones calendar, 1) I may not want to sched it in the first place but if I do I will enter it myself and have the time to do so. 2) I'm worried that somehow someway that the send-ee has access to my calendar or it somehow syncs. I cannot imagine that wold ever happen but.....

It was odd because I don't remember the option to accept or deny the "invite", that sucker just landed on my phone's calendar.

There has to be a way to disable this....right?
    06-25-12 09:01 PM
    It's not native. You must have installed an app that caused the event.
    06-25-12 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD