how do i get these to go away. its showing me my wifes birthday thats next month. i dont want these to be on my dropdown menu every day. but i dont want to remove them from the calendar and forget
    11-09-11 08:57 AM
    I don't think that this is a feature that you can remove.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 08:58 AM
    Open item in calendar, scroll down to "Mark as private", check that, save. It won't appear in the dropdown after that.
    11-10-11 12:50 AM
    Open item in calendar, scroll down to "Mark as private", check that, save. It won't appear in the dropdown after that.
    My Berry is only six days old, but I noticed this problem from the moment I turned it on and synchronized my contacts. There were three birthdays that continuously show up on my drop-down menu from the home screen, it does not matter whether they are checked as "private" or not, I have tried to delete them as a series and occurrence, to no avail... I have not pulled the battery yet to see if it reloads and these random three contacts and birthday reminders for February, May of next year continue to show up.

Any ideas? But I wrote down the three peoples birthdays on my Outlook, so I can go back in and put them later but I can't even delete them from the message screen. Weird.
    11-12-11 07:00 PM
    My Berry is only six days old, but I noticed this problem from the moment I turned it on and synchronized my contacts. There were three birthdays that continuously show up on my drop-down menu from the home screen, it does not matter whether they are checked as "private" or not, I have tried to delete them as a series and occurrence, to no avail... I have not pulled the battery yet to see if it reloads and these random three contacts and birthday reminders for February, May of next year continue to show up.

Any ideas? But I wrote down the three peoples birthdays on my Outlook, so I can go back in and put them later but I can't even delete them from the message screen. Weird.
    If you have any kind of syncing set up you may want to turn that off. I had a similar issue with gmail pushing all contacts from every account whether I wanted them or not, and constantly screwing up the addresses until I shut off contacts sync. It does not mess with my calendar however.
    11-13-11 11:56 AM
    I had the same problem. Here's how to fix it.

1. Delete the occurrences. (screen should say "You currently have no new notifications")
    2. In your calendar add birthdays, anniversaries, etc. as tasks, NOT APPOINTMENTS.
    3. Dates would be saved in your calendar but won't show in notification bar every time you drop it down.

4. NOTE: I only had 3 dates saved, so it was easy to re-enter manually. I don't know any other way to do it, BUT THIS METHOD WORKED FOR ME and every time I get a text, e-mail, or BBM, there are no annoying calendar events in the way.

Hope this helps, I'm a new subscriber to Crackberry.com
    11-23-11 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD