OK, I think I may be ******** but does the new OS7 calendar suck that bad?

I used to be able to view 15 hours of a day in one screen view. Now... even at the smallest font setting, I can only view 8 hours.

If I set initial view to day, week, month, etc... the initial view is always day and only shows 8 hours.

If I set the start of the day at 8 a.m., it still shows the day starting at 12 a.m.... so I have to scroll up and down madly just to see what's going on.

I think I'm doing something wrong.

Is there a program anyone could recommend for me to replace with BB calendar (but of course be able to carry all my previous calendar entries with it)? Thanks in advance.
    08-25-11 04:18 AM
    I recall having the same problem with the 9000, and the 9900 isn't the greatest either. I was looking into this calendar program but didn't want to dish out 6$ just to see what it would look like.

Calendar and Tasks for BlackBerry, Personal Information Manager for BlackBerry | Calendar Pro

If you do pony up for it, can you put some feedback up please?
    08-25-11 09:00 AM
    In my opinion the best calendar program hands down is Pocket Informant. I used to have it on my iPhone 4. It syncs perfectly with Outlook and Google calendar and you can have as many calendars as you like. It also has excellent task management functionality.

Of course it looks far better on the iPhone's big retina display but it's still one of the most popular and well respected calendar apps on Blackberry too. Not sure if it's OS7 compatible.
    08-25-11 09:32 AM
    Calendar Pro is actually a fairly decent app. Been using it for sometime and it quickly replaced the native calendar app for me a long time ago. Just its ability to categorize your appointments, and assign different colors and icons to each category, is a huge benefit over the native calendar.

Also, Tasks is incorporated into the app so there no need to switch apps to handle both appointments and tasks.

What other info can I share about it? Ah, in a Day view it will show both your appointments and tasks. Oh, how to say, its built on top of the native calendar stored data so synchronization is a snap and requires no additional steps be taken. Just sync as normal.

Although I am not sure it has been updated for BBOS7. It may have and I am just not aware of it since I cannot obtain a 9930 until the end of this month. I'm hoping it will work on the new Bold as I rely on this app heavily.

If there's any questions about it I may be able help. Just keep in mind that I am just user of the app, not tech support . Although I will say SBSH does provide excellent support from their website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 09:42 AM
    SBSH's products are great and I used Pocket Breeze for WinMo. It changed the main screen to be a today view and it was on all the time. Sadly they do not make one for Blackberry but I guess that is what themes are for.

I tried Calendar Pro but at the time I was used to having the calendar always in front of me. At the time I didn't like it but that was over 2 years ago. There was a trial at the time.

They do put a lot of thought into their products and SBSH WAS around before they were call APPS.
    08-25-11 10:26 AM

I used to be able to view 15 hours of a day in one screen view. Now... even at the smallest font setting, I can only view 8 hours.

If I set initial view to day, week, month, etc... the initial view is always day and only shows 8 hours.

If I set the start of the day at 8 a.m., it still shows the day starting at 12 a.m.... so I have to scroll up and down madly just to see what's going on.

Is there a program anyone could recommend for me to replace with BB calendar (but of course be able to carry all my previous calendar entries with it)? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, you're doing something wrong. Setting the initial view to Day, Week, Month, or Agenda works just fine. Be sure to SAVE the option setting and navigate away from the Calendar. Then go back to it and reopen it. It will show what you have set as the default view.
    08-25-11 10:57 AM
    Calendar Pro is actually a fairly decent app. Been using it for sometime and it quickly replaced the native calendar app for me a long time ago. Just its ability to categorize your appointments, and assign different colors and icons to each category, is a huge benefit over the native calendar.

Also, Tasks is incorporated into the app so there no need to switch apps to handle both appointments and tasks.

What other info can I share about it? Ah, in a Day view it will show both your appointments and tasks. Oh, how to say, its built on top of the native calendar stored data so synchronization is a snap and requires no additional steps be taken. Just sync as normal.

Although I am not sure it has been updated for BBOS7. It may have and I am just not aware of it since I cannot obtain a 9930 until the end of this month. I'm hoping it will work on the new Bold as I rely on this app heavily.

If there's any questions about it I may be able help. Just keep in mind that I am just user of the app, not tech support . Although I will say SBSH does provide excellent support from their website.

Does it allow multiple calendars? It really bugs me how most calendar apps, including the native BB app, only allow one calendar. Personally I have 14 Outlook calendars that I need to access throughout the day and Pocket Informant is the only app I've found that allows me to do that.

It would be great if Google created a calendar app for Blackberry like their Gmail app, IMO.

08-25-11 11:40 AM
    14?? Wow. That's a few.

Yes CP allows multiple calendars but in the traditional BB way. One per email addy.

If you have 14 that you directly sync with Outlook, then CP is not for you.

08-25-11 09:14 PM

I was also quite upset about that! On my 8900, the week view is pretty awesome, you can see the whole week from 8am to 5pm, very easy to plan. I can't do that on the 9900? sounds weird.
    12-29-11 12:19 AM
    I was also quite upset about that! On my 8900, the week view is pretty awesome, you can see the whole week from 8am to 5pm, very easy to plan. I can't do that on the 9900? sounds weird.
    Hmmm...I just checked on mine and I can't get mine to list 8am-5pm either. With the Torch 9800 of course having a bigger screen you can view a lot more hours.
    12-29-11 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD