Hi everyone

I upgraded today from a curve to a 9900 so far so good but I am having major issues with the calendar.
    I loved the curve calendar layout but this one I can't cope with (I'm abit ocd bout my diary)is there anyway of customising it to look like the old one or is this it?

Thanks from a neurotic bb user! X
    09-15-11 06:10 PM
    What options are you looking for, or more of a design change?
    09-15-11 06:15 PM
    Hi

I would like it to be smaller so I'm able to see a whole day/week and what appointments are on. Before I could personalise what times I wanted to see. This calendar asks for that option but still shows 24 hours
    I've put the calendar onto agenda which is more usable but I still don't like it. X
    09-15-11 06:45 PM
    Hi

I would like it to be smaller so I'm able to see a whole day/week and what appointments are on. Before I could personalise what times I wanted to see. This calendar asks for that option but still shows 24 hours
    I've put the calendar onto agenda which is more usable but I still don't like it. X
    i had a 9650 and recently upgraded to the 9930..it was a while ago that i had a BB, but i do not notice much of a difference in the calendar..all of the standard options that i remember still reside within the options menu.

if you click BB button > Options > Calendar Display and Actions:

you can change:
    Start of Day and End of Day times.
    Initial view that shows when you open the app (from what you said, Week View might do it..)
    Default Reminder times..

and much more..should cover what you asked for at the very least, though.
    09-15-11 09:03 PM
    Hi

The Agenda view, as well as shortcut keys and the trackpad, serve as important tools in the calendar.

Your correct in that no matter what settings you choose the entire 24 hours is still displayed in the week and day views. Personally I don't find this a problem because I many appointments in many time zones so I like to see the entire day anyway. However I can understand the frustration. This is where the trackpad is important. The touch screen allows to move around the calendar with some ease, but I find the trackpad is far more useful, especially in the week or day view.

In short, where the calendar is conserned... the trackpad is your friend
    09-15-11 09:23 PM
    This is the number one problem, in my opinion, with both the 6.00 and 7.00 OS systems as you can no longer easily customize the calendar and the calendar itself in day view compresses the appointment information. On 5.00 the calendar would show all the appointment info. without the need to scroll over it and hit enter in day view.

The Agenda view will give you all appointment details, unlike in 5.00 OS. But you still need to input new appointments by going to a calendar view, I believe. Frankly, the prior calendar was much better. I don't understand why BB had to mess with it. It also drives me crazy that you have all 24 hours displayed no matter that you program the default to a start and end time to show less hours. All that accomplishes is to highlight the chosen hours in a different color!

Honestly I think a lot of BB people who have to put in detailed info. in appointments, or who have multiple appointments scheduled at same time, such as attorneys, are better served by the 5 OS calendar. The I Pad calendar is similar to the 5 OS calendar, all the info. is displayed, but their problem is that you can only search data going back one year, unlike the BB where you can search the full calendar, no matter how many years back.

The solution is for BB to give customers the option on new system to have the 5.00 calendar features restored. The only improvement is the Agenda View, which I would keep as it currently is.
    09-16-11 02:51 AM
    What if you try loading the OS5 calender CODs? That might work, or it might brick the phone.

Wait. What am I thinking... That's not going to work.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 09-16-11 at 03:40 AM.
    09-16-11 03:13 AM
    I agree. I HATE the new calendar for the reasons stated, and one more:

Space bar no longer flips you forward a day at a time.
    Think these will be fixed in a future update?
    10-14-11 11:37 AM
    The Agenda view will give you all appointment details, unlike in 5.00 OS. But you still need to input new appointments by going to a calendar view, I believe.
    ...just to say, I always use the Agenda view and don't have to do anything other than click menu and 'new appointment', or whatever it is I want to add - I never have to go into Calendar view.
    I must also agree, I'm not a fan of the calendar either - maybe some app boffin will develop something cool and new, if the Theme Builder ever gets released...
    10-14-11 11:45 AM
    The week view in the calendar app is pure garbage!!! I still can't believe they did something this stupid...
    Check the thread I started ("I would die to get a nice week view"...) on this forum. I would pay a good amount of cash for a calendar app thaht would just mimic the week view from OS 5, it would be more than enough for my needs.
    Until this happens, I am using SBSH Calendar Pro. Not really good, but gets the job done (when it works).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 01:38 PM
    Wow....for me anyway, the OS7 native calendar is awesome. Slide over on the touchscreen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 01:49 PM
    I'm with you! The Curve calendar was awesome--I don't often have appointments at 2am, so I sure preferred seeing 8-5 all on one screen. It doesn't do that now, so I'm constantly scrolling through the calendar. Moreover, the calendar seems to open at the current time, so if I check my calendar first thing in the morning, I have to scroll with sleep deprived fingers in order to check the day's schedule. Bring back more options for calendar view!! Go Curve calendar!!
    10-14-11 02:55 PM
    Finally .......I thought it was just me! I've just upgraded from the 9000 to the new 9900 and the calendar SUCKS. Not only the 24 hour (day)view regardless of your settings but also the note icon is now on the black appointment detail bar and is smaller than a pinhead. I only found it by accident. The other annoyance is overlapping appointments on the OS7 system sit side by side instead of just overlapping colors on the bars vertically.

Sometimes things are perfect and don't need to be changed for the sake of it. Give me back my OS 5 calendar AND ringtones AND alerts. The rest rocks.
    10-19-11 01:40 AM
    HELP! I am not getting reminders from calendar on the 9930. The events are there, nut now reminders "pop up". My wife has a Curve and I set that up and all is fine...15 mins before an event she gets a reminder...HELP!
    11-07-11 12:03 PM
    just go to Options and de-select where it says show free time, this way only your appointments will show up
    11-07-11 03:43 PM
    The calendar really is a weak point in this BB's software. They really ought to have produced a display which enabled you to see your day or week and appointment details at a glance, without scrolling or without hovering. But there is a fix if you don't mind shelling out a small amount - get Roco Cal. It gives you a good grid week view (each day expands if you click on it) and a useful month view (ditto). I have used it every since I got my 9900 and it transforms it as a diary machine.
    11-07-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD